You Go to a Party

{Trigger Warning! Forced ingestion of alcohol occurs, as well as a brief scene of brief sexual assault in this chapter. Entails non consensual touching while Y/n is going to sleep. Nothing else ends up happening in the end, but if you're easily triggered proceed with caution. I'll stop in the text to show where to skip over. :)
Also I wrote this yeeeears ago in high school when I clearly didn't know much about alcohol or even parties so be ready for cringey writing and some revisions I made trying to save it 💀 }

• • •

I'm not really sure how my friend, Camila from f/a, has somehow convinced me to go to David McCarter's end-of-school party. It's almost explicable considering the last socializing I've done outside of school, besides with Leo, was the club fundraiser we had last year at Gattitown. It was Camila and her couple of friends also in f/a I had hung out with back then, now it's them again I'm driving with to David's place.

I've never been to a party before. I'm only a sophomore and I haven't exactly been as social as a typical functioning teenager is. I knew David was a decent guy at least, but his friends could be super boyish and immature. Mostly like a lot of other high school boys act sometimes, just way worse with them.

I'm honestly not sure whether I'm looking forward to it or not. My lack of going to events like this has reduced me to the image of all the high school parties you see on TV, with all the drinking and sex games and crowded in juniors and seniors going crazy for the thrill of it. Which isn't so much my style, so I texted Leo to let him know and gave him all of the information just in case I ended up not sticking around. Cause if it was anything like a fraction of what I see on TV shows I'm probably not gonna enjoy it.

Leo: Alright. If you wanna leave early let me know and we can go catch a movie 😉

I smile at his cute joke and put my phone away as Camila announces our near arrival from the driver's seat. I can't lie, watching a movie with Leo sounds more comforting than busting into the party scene right now. But Cam seemed to really want me to come, and I'm not so uptight I'd ditch before even getting to check things out.

When we get there, Anna and Natalie immediately split off from Cam and me to join a couple guys in the pool out back. I would've never even known it existed between never being here and the place being so huge.

I've never seen a mansion before, so maybe it's misguided to call their hunk of land a mansion... But it was certainly what those teen centered Netflix movies chalked it up to be, with such a wide and open living room, pool party space out back, and white-granite-countertop kitchen. The music was immediately noticeable as the bass reverberated throughout the floors and walls. But with how much open space there was paired with everyone chattering, it was closer to a dull roar than ear-splitting; which meant he probably had a state of the art speaker system to complement the giant house.

Cam smiles and loops her arm with mine, looking around the scene in her bright red party dress that perfectly compliments her honey toned complexion. Where in contrast I just wore whatever I wanted, having forgotten how people actually make an effort to dress up for these things, and honestly not having the desire to in the first place. "Can you at least try not to look new at this?"

"What? It's that obvious?" I ask doubtfully in response to her teasing.

"Painfully. It's like you've never been in someone else's house before."

"Well parties aren't exactly my scene..." I say as I continue looking around at everyone else. I assumed most of the people here would be from our school, but I've barely spoken to a handful of the people I actually recognize.