109

"Hi!" I said excitedly. His startled face turned into a happy one, his eyes lighting up and a smile scrawling across his face.

"Hey there, crazy," he said, taking the bite of cereal that was on his spoon before setting the bowl down. "It's only one. Is everything with work okay?"

"I am no longer a Chanel manager," I said. His face fell.

"Oh no, baby, what happened?" he asked. "And why do you seem so happy about it? I thought you liked your job."

"Oh, no, I did. Absolutely loved it," I said. He raised an eyebrow, as if to ask how much crack I was on. "I still work for Chanel. Just not at Chanel."

"Okay...," he said. I took a deep breath. When I was excited, I talked fast. Extremely fast. Like, it was impressive. And I was so very excited right now.

"I went into work and the company's CEO from France was there since he was visiting New York and he heard about us and me and so he flew out to the branch I work at and pulled out my files from my first interview and looked at the hopes and goals section and I had written about becoming a model or manager or stylist or media promotion influencer and he asked which one I wanted to do most and I obviously said social media influencer since you guys do social media too and he said the job was mine and then I sat down with a boring lawyer lady but now I get $800 per Instagram picture I post if it's promoting any sort of Chanel product and an additional $2 per every thousand likes I get which is going to end up being insane since I somehow have the same amount of followers that Sam has and they will fund a national trip every month and every third month they will fund an international trip and I get to choose the locations out of a list of certain countries and every two weeks I'm getting what they call a Chanel care package with two to eight different products they want me to promote within six weeks of receiving them and he doesn't care that I'm spending time with you guys as like a side gig type of thing because he likes that it builds character so now I get to go on trips with you guys whenever and get free flights and stuff to all of these different locations that I have to go to so you guys can all come with me and we can film crazy shit all over the world like y'all used to do with TFIL and we can make some killer vlogs and also I kind of want to be a vlogger but I don't really know how that works or if it's a thing I can do but the lawyer lady gave me my first care package today and said I have ten weeks for the first period so my face can heal but she said it's perfectly acceptable and partially expected to post some pictures that don't need to have my face in them especially since she gave me this bikini thing that I need to model for the brand because it hasn't even been released yet and she said we could go somewhere international for the first trip and it'd be fully funded plus for every single trip I get to bring two other people fully funded because one of them will be considered my photographer and the other is my plus one but that could just be you and Sam since you're both capable of using a camera and thus technically a photographer and you can obviously be my plus one and I'll undoubtedly have enough money soon enough to easily bring all of the guys and maybe even the girls with us on these crazy trips and she said a good first place to go is this black sand beach in Hawaii or something and I want to go and I want you guys to come with me and my whole life is fucking batshit and the series hasn't even dropped much and I love you so much and this is so insane that I can barely even comprehend it but this is all thanks to you, I love you so so so much, you're the best, Colby," I said, all in less than five breaths. He just stared at me, his eyes extremely wide.

"Are you okay, Vanessa?" he asked.

"What? Did you not understand a word I just said?"

"No. I didn't," he replied. I rolled my eyes.

"Really? That was a lot of explaining," I said.

"Okay, maybe I was being dramatic. No, I didn't hear all of it, but I got a solid 80%," Colby said. "That's incredible, baby."

"I know!" I squealed. I ran over and gave him a big hug, so excited that I lifted him up off the ground for a second.

"Jesus, Ness," he wheezed, trying to breathe from how hard I was squeezing him.

"Sorry! Sorry! I'm sorry!" I said, letting go and stepping back. He grabbed my face and pointed it toward him.

"I love you. I'm so proud of you. You're amazing," he said. I put my arms around his neck and jumped up, wrapping my legs around his waist. I kicked my heels off, so I didn't stab him with them, and kissed him.

He held me in place from where I'd jumped up and started walking forward until I felt my back press against the cool wall, our lips never breaking contact.

We still hadn't really spent a night alone, just the two of us. Except for the first night we met and the night before we had to get up at the asscrack of dawn. And I suppose it wasn't night now.

"Hey baby?" Colby said, pulling back to catch his breath.

"Yeah?" I breathed back.

"We're sober, right?" he asked. He knew we were. That was him asking if I wanted to do this.

"So, extremely sober," I said, kissing him again. I felt him smile against my lips as he carried me into his room and kicked the door shut behind us.

A/N: Go check out 'The Seven Deadly Sinners'!