97

"Before you say anything, I just want to let you know that I'm sorry I scared you like that. But I knew that you wouldn't have let go if I'd asked and would have held on tighter if I told you I was going to, so I didn't want to say anything. And I just got caught in that weird flashback kind of trance which is why I didn't say anything for a minute. That wasn't a cool thing to do and I apologize," I said.

"I love you," he blurted out. He said it so soon after I'd stopped talking that I wondered if he'd even heard what I said. "Sorry. That came out of nowhere," he said, biting his lip and looking away. "And it's okay. That was an extremely unique situation for both of us and I don't think it will ever happen again. But please try your best to not jump at every opportunity to sacrifice yourself for others. I know you're being a good person and all, but I'm selfish and prefer you alive." He set his hands on my thighs and looked back into my eyes.

I looked up at him and couldn't stop a smile from forming on my face. I reached out and gently took his face in my hands and kissed him.

"I love you too," I whispered against his lips.

"Hey! Let's go, ladies! The Alaskan Bull Worm is on!" Jake yelled from the other room. I laughed and hopped down off of the counter and started walking over to the couch. Colby grabbed me by the waist and pulled me back before I could make it even a couple feet away from him. He pulled my back against his front and leaned down to kiss my neck.

"You're making it extremely difficult to not stare," he said.

"I wasn't aware we were having company," I replied.

"You were in there for an hour. I got bored," he said.

"Well do you want me to go put on pants?" I asked.

"I cannot bring myself to say yes to you asking that question," Colby said.

"If you're choosing to ignore an obvious solution, you are not allowed to complain about the problem," I said, stepping out of his grasp and walking over to the couch. "You going to follow me or just stare at my ass, Brock?" I called back as I made it to the couch and realized he wasn't behind me.

"The second part and then the first part," Colby said.

"You whore," Corey said.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"No, not you. Him," Corey said.

"Oh," I said, laughing. "Good."

"I would never call you a whore. Even if you were being one. You would beat my ass," Corey said.

"Yeah, you're scary as fuck," said Jake.

"I am not!" I exclaimed.

"Someone who can save lives like that can take them just as fast," Sam said.

"What the hell kind of philosophy is that? That doesn't even make sense," I said.

"Maybe not, but it sounded cool," Sam replied.

Colby came over and set the bottle of Malibu on the coffee table before picking me up off of the couch and taking my spot.

"Hey!" I whined. He set me back down on his lap and clasped his arms around me.

"Problem?" he asked.

"Well, not anymore," I said.

"Disgosten," Jake said.