Chapter 8

"I...okay?" I said, clearly confused. Why did he take me to a club and have me sit on his lap, then  kiss me on the way home if he didn't want to have sex with me?     

"Wait, no, that came out wrong. Hold on. Let me try again. I do want to have sex with you. Very much, actually. But I don't want to do it while we're drunk," he said.

"Um...why?" I asked. According to Kara, Colby had no problem taking home other girls while he was drunk.

"Because I want to see you again. And I want to make sure I can remember it," he said. What?

"Okay, I can understand the second part, but what does sex have to do with seeing me again?" I asked. He gave me a surprised look.

"Oh, you would still want to see me again? If we had sex?" he asked.

"Well...yeah? Why wouldn't I?" I asked.

"I don't know. Most girls just like having one night stands with me so they can go tell all of their friends about it. Like I said, they don't want to get to know me, they just want to use me for clout. I don't really care though. If they don't want to know me, then I don't want to know them, and there's a clean break the next morning and we never see each other again," he explained.

"Right. But you want to get to know me?" I asked.

"Yes, I do. And hopefully, you want to get to know me, too," Colby replied.

"Of course I do," I said. "I basically grew up watching you for what, like, five years or something now? Ever since the beginning, remember?"

"Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Well cool. I'm glad you want to get to know me," he said, taking his last necklace off and setting it on the table by his bed.

"So, if you didn't want to do anything, why did you kiss me in the car?" I asked, leaning my back against his wall.

"Because, like I said. I don't want to sit there and watch random dudes flirt with you. Plus I wanted to kiss you. And who said I didn't want to do anything? I just said I didn't want to have sex tonight," he responded.

"Oh? So what did you want to do?" I asked, flirting. He slowly walked over to me and stopped about a foot away from me, but it felt much closer because I was against the wall with nowhere to go. I certainly didn't mind it, though. I trusted him when he said he wouldn't make me do anything I didn't want to. He smiled, and looked down at my mouth.

"Well, I feel like that kiss in the Uber shouldn't count. That wasn't a real kiss," he said.

"Did you want to show me what a real kiss is, then?" I asked, staring up at him. He gave me a hot smile, the kind where one side of his mouth turned up.

"Did you want to find out?" he asked, stepping even closer.

"I wouldn't mind learning, no," I said, staring into those ocean blue eyes.

"Perfect," he said quietly. In one smooth motion, he stepped up to me and put his hands on my hips, pulling me into him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he leaned down and kissed me.

He wasn't kidding about the kiss in the car not being real compared to this one. This kiss was somehow both soft and intense, his smooth, warm lips moving against mine. His hands slid from around my hips to the small of my back, and he kissed me for a few more seconds before pulling back and looking at me.

"Did that count as a real kiss?" he asked.

"I'd say it did, yes," I said, smiling up at him. He looked down at my skirt.

"Do you want some sweatpants or something? I feel like a leather skirt wouldn't be the most comfortable thing to sleep in," he said, taking his hands off of me and walking over to his closet before I could answer. He opened a drawer and tossed me a pair of Kevin Langue's 1More merch joggers.

"They're my size, so you might have to roll them up a couple of times, but the bathroom is right down there," he said, pointing down the hall. "You can put your necklaces in there, too. I know for a fact that those aren't comfortable to sleep in," he said.

"Okay. Thank you," I said. I walked over to his bathroom and shut the door. I looked at myself in the mirror. How the fuck had all of this happened? How was it still happening? Colby Brock took me out, kissed me, and didn't immediately take advantage of the fact that we were drunk to get me into his bed. Not that I would need to be drunk for that. I wasn't sure what I had expected, but more often than not, the male celebrities I interacted with or ran into on Rodeo Drive or at my work weren't the nicest. They weren't usually mean, they were just obviously putting up an act for their fans. Most people can't notice that, but when you interact with celebrities every time you go to work, it becomes easier to distinguish when someone is actually being nice or just playing nice. Colby was actually being nice. More than nice.

I slid off my skirt and pulled on the joggers. I had to roll them up four times at the top and roll up the bottoms twice so that they didn't fall down or drag on the floor. I took off my necklaces, then decided that I might as well take my shirt off, too. It'd be more comfortable to sleep without it and he'd already seen me in my bralette, so it wouldn't hurt anything. I folded up my skirt and shirt, then set them on his bathroom counter with my necklaces on top.

I walked back out and into his room to see him laying on his stomach on his bed, scrolling through Twitter. He had changed into light grey sweatpants and still wasn't wearing a shirt.

"So did you ever figure out if it was a coyote or a wolf?" I asked, leaning my side against his door frame. He looked over at me.

"What?" he asked.

"In Elton's video. For TFIL. You went to that wolf sanctuary and one lady said it was a coyote but the other one said it was a wolf," I said.

"I came to the conclusion that it was just a threatened wolf."

"Well, I can't tell the difference between a coyote and wolf in tattoo form, so I'll take your word for it," I said.

"What? I know something you don't?" he joked. I giggled.

"I'm not a genius like Aryia said," I replied.

"Maybe not, but you're closer to one than I'll ever be," he answered. I was about to answer when both of our phones chimed at the same time. Colby looked down at his phone, which was already in his hands, while I dug mine out of the pocket of Colby's joggers.