Chapter 7

We danced for a while, the alcohol boosting our energy. Colby eventually had his arms completely wrapped around my waist and we were dancing against each other. Brennen and Mike went to go get more drinks, and Aryia went to the bathroom after a bit, and Colby seemed to take that as an opportunity. My back was leaned into him, my head back against his chest, and he bent down and slowly started planting kisses on my neck, which I definitely was not going to stop. I reached my hand up and pulled his head into my neck more, still moving against him.         

            "Damn, son," said Aryia when he came back. I could feel Colby smile into my neck, then stood back up straight.

            "Yes?" Colby asked Aryia, who laughed and shook his head.

            "Nothing, brother. Where are the boys?" asked Aryia.

            "Upstairs getting themselves more drinks," Colby answered.

            "I want more, too," I said.

            "You sure about that?" asked Colby. I turned and looked at him strangely, as did Aryia. Why wouldn't he want me to be drunk when we went back to his house later?

            "Um, yes, unless you have a good reason for me not to. I know my car is at your apartments but I can just Uber home and back tomorrow," I said.

            "You can stay at my place if you want," Colby said. I shrugged.

            "Maybe," I said, playing hard to get.

            "Well, if you don't want to stay there, you can stay at mine," Aryia said, winking at me. I laughed.

            "Maybe," I repeated. Aryia laughed and then headed back up the stairs. I followed him, Colby trailing behind us.

            "What do you want to drink?" asked Colby.

            "Tequila," I said. I hadn't gotten drunk in a while. I missed it. I walked over to the table we were sitting at before, to find Brennen and Mike with more shots.

            "Want one?" Mike asked, holding his out to me. I took it from his hands and drank it straight.

            "Jesus, dude," said Brennen. I smiled.

            "What? Can't do that?" I asked.

            "No, no he can't," Colby said, laughing.

            Two shots and an hour and a half later, I was ready to go home. Colby definitely noticed.

            "You about ready to head out, princess?" Colby whispered into my ear while we were dancing again. I got goosebumps when he called me that.

            "Yes," I whispered back.

            "Alright guys, we're going to call it a night. I'll see you guys later," Colby said to the guys.

            "And we will see you later, Nessa," said Mike.

            "We better," said Aryia. Brennen walked over, grabbed my face, and quickly kissed me on the forehead.

            "Later, chica," he said.

            "Bye!" I said enthusiastically as Colby led me toward the door.

            "They're so fun," I said.

            "So are you," Colby replied.

            "Okay, yeah. Maybe I'm not so boring," I said.