A Mysterious Attraction

"It was the way you laughed, I knew I wanted that in my life"

*****************************

Zulai

I woke up the next morning with a heavy heart and my mind full of thoughts of jazuli. Though I'm feeling much better than the night before. I took a long shower and got ready for breakfast.

Balarabe came asking me about a certain red shirt that I slept in yesterday. I brought it out of the room and I handed it to him after confirming from Aunt Safiya that it is his brand new shirt.

He sniffs the shirt and pretended to be choking because of the bad smell oozing from it.

I furiously grabbed it and ran as fast as I could to the suck away while he raced after me screaming "I'm so sorry, it is just a joke".

He quickly grabbed it, laughing so hard that he almost fell to the ground. And For the first time in a while, my eyes met his and I wished they hadn't.

I couldn't help but notice his full plum pink lips, his perfect dentition, his beautifully colored gums and the dimples that formed at the center of his cheeks.

I also noticed his long dark eye lashes and perfectly shaped brows. His light colored skin turned to a bright pink due to excessive laughter

I didn't know what came over me, but I had a moment. I was not sure what it was, a mysterious attraction maybe. God forbid, I internally scolded myself.

He noticed the look on my face, it made him freeze, and he stopped laughing abruptly. he looked shocked and a little bit of surprised

"What is wrong with you?" He asked, looking so lost and confused.

One minute I was staring and the next I was glaring. And then surprised and feeling really shy because he noticed me staring.

"You wouldn't understand" I said smugly, making my way back inside.

Balarabe stood there watching me like someone just glued his feet to the ground.

Moments later, balarabe appeared wearing the same shirt and joined us for breakfast. I ate my breakfast silently, avoiding any eye contact with him.

I took off after saying goodbye to Aunt Safiya, with Balarabe silently trailing behind me. I ignored him through out the time, I was glad he understood I was having a moment and he respected it.

As soon as I set foot inside the house, my brother broke the news to me. Jazuli is a fraud and He is not terminally ill. He is just a big fat manipulative liar that knows what he wants and is capable of doing whatever it takes to have it.

How do you know all that? And how do you even know him? I asked.

We played soccer once or twice, Though we are on opposite teams. And His cousin happens to be a good friend of mine, he gave me all the information. My brother replied.

It turned out nothing about Jazuli was true, not even his parents car crash that led to their untimely death making him an orphan living with just their memories. He just wanted my pity

The love I had for Jazuli instantly vanished, because lying and manipulation is a huge turn off for me. Maybe I never really loved him, I was just In love with the idea of him.

Jazuli came to see me a week after the incident, I granted him an audience because I didn't want to crush his big broken bad boy heart even harder.

He told me everything about him, this time the real truth. We had a heart to heart conversation and I'm glad I got to know the real him.

He asked for my forgiveness and I forgave him. Jazuli bacame a good friend to me and my family, especially my brother.

Jazuli left town a few months later because his father sent him off to military school in the city where he'll put all his energy to good use. He didn't leave without saying goodbye. Truth be told, I miss his company.

Of course I was angry at him at some point, but it became funny as the days went by. Jazuli is such a character and Somehow, We made a good team.

****************************

Love You All
Thank For Reading
Don't Forget To Vote, Share & Comment

***************
PS:
A Few More Chapters To The Finale......
New Book Alert 🚨 📖