Like Rain, I Fell For Her

"Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses"

***********************************

Tanimu

The rays of sunshine blinded me as I stepped on the crispy dry leaves that crackled beneath my feet, I made my way to zulai's house

I walked past Raliyat on my way out, she was Curled up in a chair like a miserable piece of rag. I wanted to shake her out of that misery, to relieve her of her pain, but there was nothing I could do. I can't meet up with her demands, I cannot marry her. Even if I don't end up with zulai, Raliyat is not the type of girl I would want to spend the rest of my life with.

I can't believe I still feel the same way for Zulai after what she did to me. How can I turn my sea of love for her into a little pond, and eventually into nothing at all?

Her words repeated themselves in my head like a broken record. She could have said anything else but "hate"

I pretended it didn't hurt, I pretended I wasn't heart broken and I was not In love with her anymore. I pretended like I was just going to her house to see her brother so that we could prep ourselves for our upcoming soccer match. Sometimes if you pretend hard enough, it would become a reality

Zulai is a selfish cold hearted monster, her heart is made of ice, so cold and ruthless. She is so cold that I'm sure when I touch her, I'll freeze to death. But I know that A heart made of ice is the most fragile one

I reached her house a few minutes later, I saw my zulai collapsing. I quickly grabbed her before she hit the floor. Her brother helped me pick her up and lay her on a bed unconscious.

After laying her on the bed, I made way for her worried mother who is running towards the bed with a bowl of water in her trembling arms. A woman was trailing behind her, screaming and shouting all sorts of none-sense.

It is their Aunty "Rakiya". I wanted to hit her with a rod so that she could shut the hell up. She is only adding fuel to the already existing fire. Within seconds, everyone gathered around the bed with gloom faces.

They splashed some water on her face and she regained consciousness immediately. She opened her eyes slowly as she stretched her hands. I watched her fragile frame laying on the bed with a clueless expression on her face.

I quickly rose from the chair I was sitting in and Sat by the side of the bed. I asked if she was okey, and she replied with a yes.

I looked at her with all of my love and pain. She is the most difficult person and yet the softest girl I have ever met. I guess she is a lot of things that I am yet to uncover.

She told me she hated me, but when I looked into her eyes, I saw otherwise. She looked at me apologetically. With knitted eyebrows, she bit the inside of her lips. she had that magnetic look in her eyes.

I fell in love with the way she touched me without using her hands. I couldn't stop staring at her and vise versa.

At that moment, I felt Like I was the dust from the stars and the rain in July. Like she was the light from the sun and the cold breeze at night. And we were as deep as the ocean, as strong as the earth.

I lost myself in her paradise. A loud disturbing noise brought me back to reality. The owner of the voice seemed annoyed by my actions, it looked like he was about to point a gun at me and shoot me right through the scull.

The funny thing is, I don't even know him, I have never seen him before. He lost his temper and he spat out all sorts of insults. I felt embarrassed. He came closer like he was going to hit me, I stood up and faced him ready to retaliate.

Then I decided he is not worth it, I won't let him provoke me and I won't fight him, at least not today. I went to the other side of the room and watched my zulai silently from a distance.

After a while, Aunt Rakiya called the rude guy and said "move closer my son, Come and sit next to your beautiful bride to be and see how she is doing, I know she would be happy"

On hearing that, I felt like I have been shot with thousands of daggers. I realized that the rude guy is her son and the new fiancé.

I wished I had hit Aunt Rakiya with a rod when I had the chance to, when everyone wasn't paying attention.

They brought food for zulai and she hungrily ate until she had her fill. She was asked what she wanted for dinner and out of nowhere, she pointed at her supposed fiancé and said "his head in a bowl please" she bursted out laughing and I laughed along.

This is a side of her I have never known before, it was so hilarious. I stopped laughing right away when I noticed no one was finding it funny expect I.

My Zulai is promised to another man again, but it's obvious she doesn't like him at all, unlike the one before him. I don't blame her, He is an arrogant ass, He didn't even deserve to breathe the same air as her. At least Alhaji Tanko was kind and decent.

I left the room annoyed, I spent the whole day at the house with her brother. We went to the sitting room where they were all seated before zulai fainted. We resumed eating the rice and beans they left earlier.

Envy ate my soul the way I ate that rice and beans. Zulai is intertwining her soul with somebody else as I sit here hopelessly. I sat there silently, trying to suffocate the pain and breathing heavily. Just because my eyes are empty of tears doesn't mean my heart is empty of pain

Then realization hit me, zulai would never be mine, not in this lifetime. She still loves me but i guess it doesn't matter, it wouldn't change a thing anyways. It's like I am waiting for the impossible to happen.

I fell in love with a storm, I know I wouldn't really get out unscathed. There is nothing worse than meeting the perfect person at the wrong time.

**********************************

Thanks for Reading 🙏
Love you all 😘❤️
Don't forget to Vote, Share & Comment.