I Stole His Heart, And He Let Me Keep It

"Love is the only true adventure"

*******************************

Zulai

I have been breaking a lot of rules lately, Most especially the one that says "A suitor must ask for my father's permission before he starts courting me"

I have been bringing a lot of guys to the house, Each day is a different guy. some I can't even remember their names or looks, it was just a pass time thing for me. Until one day, when I met Jazuli.

My behavior really got on my fathers nerves. Even with his forgiving heart, he had to put an end to this madness. So, I was grounded.

Jazuli is different from all the others, he is quite special and he has managed to occupy a little bit of space in my heart. I had a certain kind of feeling for jazuli, but I was not sure I could call it love.

I liked him a lot, but I was somehow sure that I don't want to be romantically involved with him. until the day he told me his story.

Touched by the story of his life, I fell for jazuli and we started dating. I spent hours everyday wondering how he is, and what he's been up to.

I was sitting in the comforts of my room when I felt the need to see jazuli my new found love, badly.

I managed to come up with a lie, it was quite obvious but he didn't stop me. As soon as I got out of the house, I headed straight to our usual meeting point. As soon as he spotted me, his face lit up immediately.

With his clean shaven-face chiseled with high cheekbones and a jawline that could cut glass, he looks like a rebel without applause.

When I look at Jazuli, My soul sees it's equal in him. He is my delicate little butterfly and I refuse to set him free.

jazuli is the bad boy I have always dreamed of meeting, he is my bad boy. We have that kind of bad boy good girl crazy attraction, he is the sweetest bad boy I have ever met

He's not that handsome, but he's got that hot bad boy looks with a little twist of gangster. He always looks at me like the best thing that has ever happed to him, his God sent blessing and his bright future.

He is Charismatic, adventurous and He's got a half crack decent sense of humor. When we are together, we always do crazy stuff that leave us Feeling like some immature hooligans walking through the endless road of adventures. Being with him is never boring.

Jazuli is the kind of guy that could rob a bank not because he needs the money, but just for the thrill of it. He is the most reckless guy I have ever met, and the guy with the highest number of scars I have ever known.

With him, everyday is a new bruise or a new injury. His last bruise is from offering to tame his neighbors wild cow

The only thing am not okey with is the fact that he makes me feel like he is always desperately trying to hide something from me, something that he knows will forever ruin my chances with him.

Unfortunately, my jazuli is terminally ill. He has some kind of a rare heart disease and the doctors gave him a year or two more to live. We have made so many plans for the future together, and I promised him I will be by his side when he takes his final breath.

Jazuli didn't want anyone to know about his medical condition, because he feared that if they knew they might treat him like something breakable. I understood, and I kept his secret safe.

After three months of being in a relationship, jazuli asked me to grant his dying wish for him. He asked for my hand in marriage and I willingly agreed.

With my consent, He sent his uncles to my house to officialize our courtship, seek for an engagement and fix a wedding date as soon as possible. But sadly, my father was out of town and the rest of my family wanted to meet him first.

After our failed attempt to get engaged, I decided to take him home to meet the family one blessed evening. We walked Side by side to my house, I was his strength and he was mine.

On reaching our destination, we met everyone in the sitting room and I cheerfully introduced jazuli as my future husband.

My mother was a bit disappointed, I could see it in her eyes. But she didn't object, though She was speechless and lost in her own thoughts.

With just one look, my brother has already judged and sentenced him. I knew we were going to have a serious problem by the way he was looking at Jazuli. He instantly let me know that he is against my decision to marry jazuli without giving it a thought.

My shoulders sagged and I shook my head frowning at him

"He is terminally ill, and I promised to fulfill his dying wish for him, which is my hand in marriage" I blurted it out with tears running down my cheeks.

On hearing that, My brother looked at me like some kind of a psycho. My mother choked and started gasping for breath. My sister had to help sit her down and fetched a cup of water for her to soothe her.

"Jazuli, Could you give us some privacy please?" My brother asks, with his cold dead serious eyes staring right into Jazulis cool loving eyes.

"No, he's not going anywhere". I spat back, then realization hit me.

What? How do you know his name? Do you know each other. I asked.

Before I could get an answer, jazuli looked at me and said "goodbye zulai" With genuine concern laced in his voice.

He looked at me a moment longer, then turned around and walked out of the house.

If I marry him, the world could have been a better place for him. By a little fragment, an insignificant piece of the human timeline, I know it matters because it matters to us. I screamed out, as I ran out of the house.

That day, I didn't spend the night at home. I ran off to Aunty Safiya's house. She was so excited to see me, even though she knew something was wrong. She sent Balarabe to my house later that evening to let my mother know that I am safe and I will be spending the night at her place.

*******************************

Love You All ❤️😘
Thanks For Reading 🙏👌
Don't Forget To Vote, Share & Comment