The Boy With A Million Dollar Smile

"LOVE is the beginning and end of everything"

**********************************

Zulai:

As I walked leisurely along the street, I couldn't stop admiring the morning sun as it compasses the sky in its full glory.

I was enjoying my peaceful walk when I found myself thinking about how I am going to be able to be okey with the fact that balarabe is going to be my new suitor and maybe my future husband.

Before you know it, the news about our supposed match making has spread like wild fire And I haven't even said yes yet.

Balarabe seemed okey with the whole thing, I am the one making a big deal out of it.

When I finally decided to let them know what I think, I declined the proposal and it came with consequences plus everyone has something to say.

More than half of my relatives were pissed at me and the other half are in different to whatever decision I have made because I am the one that is making a life time choice.

Over time, Balarabe developed strong feelings for me. He officially asked for permission to start courting me, And it was granted to him.

He is relentless in his efforts to winning my heart, He has always been a patient and relentless taskmaster

He is always being nice to me and always there for me even after the rejection. His kindness knows no bound and his understanding has no limit. It's pretty impressive for a man of his statue, a man every woman would kill to have.

He never got angry when I say rude things or leave him waiting for me for hours. I wanted him to fight with me so that I can get a valid reason for breaking up with him, but he gave me none. He was as calm and nice as always. I felt sorry for him, much more than I wanted to admit

Deep inside me, I know that I do not hate Balarabe. I am just afraid to fall in love again, and I am stuck between "I don't wanna feel that type of hurt again" and "i wanna feel that type of love again"

"Zuli babe" A voice called out

I jolted out of my day dream when I heard that familiar voice, There is only one person that calls me that. I remembered the way I get goosebumps all over my body whenever he calls my name.

It's the boy with the million dollar smile "Ayuba"

He has always been that one person that knows the different shades of me.

He lightened up my mood immediately, I've always had a soft spot for Ayuba. Maybe it's the way he talks, his wicked boyish smile and his perspective on life. Or The way he treats everything like a joke and the way he makes me laugh even on my dark days.

Ayuba is the boy whose eyes showed me that the past, present and future were all the same thing.

For once, I want to talk again, just like old times. But first, I would like to know why he decided to ruin our beautiful friendship.

We started out as friends, then we became best friends and then Ayuba wanted more. He wanted to be more than just friends because he has fallen head over heels for me. Even though I am a lot older than him, he did not just care.

I told him he's too young, and that I only see him as a brother and a friend, which is not a lie. We better keep it that way, for Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend like him. I specifically told him

After all, what is love? it's happiness they tell me. But love doesn't bring and never has brought happiness. On the contrary, it's a constant state of anxiety, a battlefield, it's sleepless nights, asking ourselves all the time if we're doing the right thing. Real love is composed of ecstasy and agony. I'd rather keep Ayuba as a friend than a lover.