A Universe Apart (Part 2)

"Love is a rebellious bird that nobody can tame"

*************************************

Tanimu

It's been a week ever since I left home, and I'm starting to like my new peaceful environment even though my heart is not at peace. I left home because I made a heartbreaking discovery.

It turned out that Raliyat My fiancé  and Yakubu my mothers husband who happens to be her cousin are lovers. They are romantically involved and the child she was carrying was his own.

I was blind, but my eyes are open now. I have come to realize that the whole marriage thing between me and raliyat was just a scheme to get revenge and punish me for a crime I didn't even commit. And ofcourse, for him to coverup for the unholy sin he has committed with his cousin raliyat.

Yakubu takes offense in everything I do or say. It was a well thought out plan by him to destroy my life and my happiness. I will let God be the judge, Yakubu would reap the fruits of his labor, Eventually.

If I had married Raliyat, I would have become a step father and a brother to her child at the same time. I felt deceived.

Indeed, Raliyat and Yakubu have left me with scars that would never fade away, wounds that would never heal, memories that would never leave, and life lessons that would never be forgotten

It's not about their secret love affair, it's about the deception, the lies and the betrayal. I hope that with time I would be able to look at them without breaking down.

A broken heart doesn't mend itself easily if at all it does mend. What gives me comfort is knowing that there's a solution to every problem.

As I stood there, I thought to myself, What's the point of life if you're not spending it with the one you love? I made a decision right there and then. I will honor my truth, and seek what I desire: everlasting love and passion set on fire. I immediately set out for zulais house.

It started raining heavily, but I couldn't wait any longer. I ran to zulai, by the time I reached her house, I was soaked with water and I was cold. 

As soon as I arrived, I spotted zulai standing by the window like an angel watching over me. With trembling lips and shaky arms, I managed to wave at her. 

She closed her eyes and then opened them, at first slowly and delicately. Then she rubbed them as she quickly made her way out of the house to me.

"Hi" I said to her, When we were close enough. and she mumbled a "hello" accompanied with a smile. That smile alleviated at least half of my agony, It was Simply genuine and genuinely simple.

I shuddered closing my eyes, her soft voice was so smooth it sank into my body like melody. I gulped, There was this firmness in her voice that overwhelmed me.

Her smile is too contagious and warmth too hard to resist. She is Sweet, unique, modest, kind and honest. These words describe only one percent of her personality and I dream to keep discovering her for the rest of my life.

Her beauty captured me, but what amazes me is that it is wonderfully combined with her amazing soul. Her soul is like an ocean, it doesn't matter how deep i dive into her depths, i will never reach the bottom. I fell in love with a world through her eyes.

With dreamy eyes and wild hair, she looked like a melody. And here she is, Painting the sky shades of red and pink.

There are some thoughts I can't avoid and some feelings I can't deny. I want all of zulai, even the parts she has refuse to give to anyone, especially those parts. I fell in love with her soul, she is as deep as the ocean with treasures down below.

I regret the choices I have made earlier. I thought about how I broke her heart over that lying manipulative bitch "Raliyat". But that's in the past. I will confess my undying love for her, she will forgive me and we would have our happily ever after.

Our eyes ignited when they met. We silently stood in the rain, staring into each others eyes. There was this invisible voice that whispered in our ears, delicate like feathers. Love is the brightest star in life's darkest skies.

She suddenly backed away and looked down, uneasily biting her lower lip. With her eyebrows creased downwards, creating dents in the skin between her forehead and around her eyes

"What brings you here?" She asked.

And I answered "I am here to see you zulai, I admit it. I am madly in love with you"

On hearing that, She glared at me wide-eyed and flinched. Then she said the most heartbreaking sentence I have ever heard

"you have to un love me, I have a boyfriend" with a straight face.

I tried to talk to her, but my vision got blurry and my voice cracked, my heart tore itself apart. Our souls felt like earthquakes. Everything in me cracked and broke and my bones felt too heavy.

I looked down for a brief moment, and then I raised my head and looked her in the eyes, I didn't care if she could see the Miserable expression on my face. I didn't care if she could see the red in my eyes and the trembling lips.

She quickly looked away, as if she's unsure of her feeling and what next she's going to say. She has those kind eyes that shone with the light of everything will be okey. But today, I couldn't find that light.

I wanted her to look at me, I wanted her attention, I wanted her. I wanted to hold on to her, fight for her, fight for our love. But it was too late, the damage has already been done.

"Think about it, take your sweet time" I finally said as I walked away.

I have never felt more powerless, there was nothing I could do to change, to delete, to undo.

I have met countless women, I have dated many but never have I ever been heart broken like this. No one has ever left a scar so deep as this one. I guess, Only time can heal what reason cannot.

I felt sorry for myself, much more than I wanted to admit. I just hope that a bridge can still be built, while the bitter waters are flowing beneath.

****************************************

Love You All ❤️😘
Thanks For Reading 🙏👌
Don't Forget To Vote, Share & Comment

****************************************

Any Suggestions?