I Love You 37

Betty's POV
I woke up to the sound of my alarm. Cheryl was still asleep, so I just hit her with my pillow. Veronica was sleeping soundly on the couch, so I slightly shook her awake and kissed her cheek.

"Wake up its time for school." When she yawned and stretched my heart burst from her cuteness. "Good morning Betty."

"Good morning Roni." I leaned in for a kiss, but was instead met with a finger. "Morning breath. Kiss after you brush your teeth." She stated. I groaned and went to brush.

Everyone was downstairs and dressed. Veronica was wearing shorts and a blue crop top. She looked super hot. She noticed me staring and blushed deeply.

We left for school, except Toni of course. School was pretty fun because Veronica was fun and she made us laugh a lot, especially when her and Reggie would have funny arguments that she would win by slapping him in the back of the head. It was nice and I don't know how I went this long without having her in my life.

————— 2 weeks later

Cheryl's POV
A week ago the others went back home because there wasn't really any big issues. It was fun while it lasted, but I liked the alone time I had with Toni. I thought she wouldn't be as affectionate at school, but she was so everyone knew we were dating, which wasn't a problem.

As soon as she came back she spoke to Midge, Ginger, Heather, and Cayla. She restrained from beating them up because she would've gotten suspended again.

Also Betty and Veronica are officially dating and people were very surprised, but once they got over their initial shock it wasn't that big of a deal.

We just got off from school. Toni and I were walking hand in hand, since we had time we stopped at Pop's. We ordered what we wanted and sat in a booth waiting on our food to come.

I leaned my head on her shoulder with our fingers intertwined. She looked down at me . "You're beautiful." Was all she said making me blush intensely. She leaned down connecting our lips in a slow, passionate kiss.

I pulled away reluctantly staring up at her. "What was that for?" I smiled at her. She connected our foreheads. "Because I-" Toni was interrupted by this unfamiliar lady.

"Um this is a public place could you not be so affectionate." She sneered. I didn't know what to say so I just looked down.

"Why?" Toni asked knowing I was too uncomfortable to say anything.

"Because it's disturbing and vile. I hope you grow out of this you seem pretty young." Toni tilted her head like she was trying to read the woman.

"There are people who claim that gay people are disgusting, if that's the case why do you feel the need to stuff your noses in our business. You don't see me going up to straight couples asking, could you stop shoving your tongues down each other's throat."

"We aren't doing anything wrong you two are both girls." The women seemed to get a little angry. "The problem is?" Toni asked rhetorically.

"You know what, you're wasting my time." The girl groaned. "I mean no one asked you to come and talk to us, you wasted your own time." "Gays are so rude." She huffed. I rolled my eyes whit my fingers still intertwined with Toni's. "Says the person who came up to strangers to be ugly." Toni shot back. The girl stomped her foot and stormed off.

Right after that Pop came out with our food. "Sorry it took so long there was a spill in the back and it took forever to clean up." He informed us. "It's ok you're fine." Toni assures him, anger still present in her voice.

"Are you ok?" He asked worriedly. She sighed. "No, some random girl came up to us and said some rude things." "I'm sorry would you like me to do anything?" "No it's fine, I'll get over it, it's not like I'll ever see her again anyway." She played with her fingers.

"Toni it's not fine, you shouldn't have to get over it because it shouldn't have happened and it shouldn't be happening. Let me know if you need anything, have a good day." He smiled and went back behind the counter.

I squeezed her hand so she could calm down. She just stared at me so I lifted my free hand to cup her cheek she leaned into my touch closing her eyes. I kissed her not wanting it to end eventually sir became a problem. We leaned our heads together. I could feel her breath on my face and smell the underlying scent of mint.

"Cheryl." She broke our comfortable silence. "Hmm" I hummed content. "You're an amazing person and I'm glad I have you in my life, I live you so much that it hurts." She spoke softly towards the end. "I-" I stuttered not knowing what to say.

"You don't have to say anything Cheryl, I didn't say, I love you to hear it back, I said it to make sure you knew. I was debating on whether or not I should tell you because I was scared, but then I realized-" I cut her off with a kiss when I pulled away she just stared at me dumbfounded.