Dad 25

Cheryl's POV
There was some juggling on the door and I assumed it was my mother unlocking the door so I didn't pay much attention to it when the door opened I heard a familiar voice. "Pumpkin you're here." I turned to the man quickly. "Dad. What are you doing here?" I got up from the couch and walked closer, but not too close. "What do you mean? I came to see you." He opened his arms and took a step forward but I stepped back. "Don't." I shook my head and he immediately understood. "I know what I said to you was wrong and that I can't take it back, but please let me make it up to you." "Dad it's more than what you said, you left for 6 years and now you come back for what." "Look, I needed time to deal with you coming out." "For 6 years. I understand you needed time but you could've at least did it in the same household." "I'm sorry sweetheart, but I couldn't. I couldn't look at you everyday. I wanted to send you to your Nana Rose, but your mom said she wanted you with her." "You didn't have to leave the way you did no not, no warning, no goodbye. Also, why did you take everything in my room?" "I wanted to understand what turned you gay. Was it because we let you be too free as a child?" "It has nothing to do with you and moms parenting ability it has to do with me and how I feel." "Ok. Do you have a girlfriend?" He asked. "Yeah" "Who?" He asked as if I was going to tell him. "None of your business. You don't have the right to know or parent me in any way you left." "Are you still mad?" He was getting annoyed. "Yes I'm still mad." I slightly raised my voice. "What you thought I was going to run into your arms. You have no idea how badly I want to hate you right now." "You have no right to be mad at me." He said. "Come again? I have every right to be mad at you." "I should be mad at you." "What the hell are you talking about? Are you doing drugs again because you seem a little delusional." "You made me lose my job." "I didn't make you lose your dumbass job, you freaking quit then left." "Because I was ashamed of you." "You had another child." "Are you referring to Jason?" He asked stupidly. "Yes. Who else?" I asked rhetorically with an attitude. "Sweetheart you've changed a lot you're being disrespectful. What happened to you?" "Life happened I grew up." "You're being a little bitchy." He said. "And you're being a little dick-ish, but I'm not complaining." "Can I meet your friends?" "You already know half of them." "Yeah, but I don't know them four." He pointed to Veronica, Jughead, Fangs, and Toni.

"Hi I'm Jughead." "Fangs" "Veronica" "And I'm Toni." He shook her hand. "Such a boyish name for a beautiful young lady." She cocked her head to the side. "Well my name is Antoinette, but I go by Toni." "You're gay right?" He asked out of nowhere. "I mean not entirely, and no disrespect but I don't think that's any of your business." "It is if you're around my daughter. You're probably the reason she turned gay in the first place." Toni was about to speak, but I beat her to it. "That's enough. She's not the reason I'm gay, but she is how I realized I was now leave." "Cheryl stop being mad at me I wouldn't have left if you stayed in the closet." "I wasn't going to be unhappy with some guy for half of my life because it benefitted you. I just want you to love me, but for some reason you can't accept me and if you can't then there's no point in coming over and give me your key." "No" I rolled my eyes at his stubbornness. "Why are you being difficult. I could just ask mom to file a restraining order." "You wouldn't. I know you too well you could never." "I wouldn't bet on it." I held out my hand and glared at him. He finally caved and put the key in my hand. "Leave and don't come back."

He left and Toni walked over and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her and cried. "Hey it's ok princess, I know it hurts but it'll get better." "I know I just wish he would love me again." She kissed my forehead and pulled away from the hug and went into the basement. She came back up with a guitar, which I'm pretty sure was Tommy's considering we didn't have one. Everyone congregated to the couches so Toni could have space. She started playing a song that I didn't know the name of, but it sounded familiar. "For as long as I can remember you were there all the memories and promises that we share cause you and I both know life doesn't always go the way you plan, but that's how it goes you know the valleys always darkest in the shadows, but I know you're gonna be there all the way." She was looking down but I knew she was singing to me. My eyes started watering, but they were tears of joy. She looked up at me and smiled.

"You're my light when I'm lost you're my warmth in the dark I feel you after the sunlights gone. You always bring me back home when I'm lost on the road my hearts wherever you go cause you are my North Star." She was still looking at me and it made me feel important and wanted.

"You and I have grown apart but we both know if you need me I'll be there you know the valleys always darkest in the shadows, but I know you're gonna be there all the ways." "When the whole world closes every door and you're running in the darkness, it's chasing after you. When you're falling I'll be there to get you back up on your feet and I'll be there for you. I'll be the light when you're lost I'll be the warmth in the dark you feel me after the sunlights gone. I'll always bring you back home if you're lost on the road my hearts wherever you go cause I'll be, I'll be the light when your lost, I'll be the warmth in the dark you feel me after the sunlights. I'll always bring you back home if you're lost on the road my hearts wherever you go cause I'll be your North Star."

She stopped playing and I got up and kissed her soft lips forgetting everything around us.