Turning Tables 21

Cheryl's POV
Toni's tear finally fell from her cheek. "Oh my god." Her voice cracked. "Toni-" her mother was going to talk to her but I shook my head no and she stopped. "Can we see Tommy?" Her mother asked. "Toni can you wake him up and tell him that they want to see him." My mother asked. Toni walked down to the basement and when she came back up. "He said he's fine with it, but he doesn't want them to talk to him." We all went down there. There was a piano down there, but I forgot because we don't really use it. "May I play something?" Toni's father asked and my mom nodded. He sat down and started playing Read All About It by Emeli Sandé. When he finished Toni walked over and sat next to him. She started playing Turning Tables by Adele.

"Close enough to start a war. All that I have is on the floor. God only knows what we're fighting for. All that I say you always say more. I can't keep up with your turning tables under your thumb I can't breathe." Her father looked at her in awe, but his eyes were saddened knowing she chose this song because of them.

"So I won't let you close enough to hurt me. No I won't ask you, you to just desert. I can't give you what you think you gave me. It's time to say good bye to turning tables." Her father stood up from the bench slowly just watching her as tears started to bubble in his eyes.

"I can't keep up with your turning tables under your thumb I can't breathe." She looked up at her mother and father and continued. "I won't let you close enough to hurt me no I won't ask you, you to just desert me. I can't give you what you think you gave me." She sung with tears in her eyes and it broke my heart and I wanted so badly to hug her. "It's time to say goodbye to turning tables."

When she finished it was silent for a while until her mother spoke. "Toni we never meant-" Toni intervened. "Please leave" "Toni we can get past this." Her mother begged. "No we can't. You left me with him knowing what he did to that little girl. Did you ever apologize to her family." "No, but we sent them $1 million anonymously." "That's not going to bring their daughter back, that not going to stop their pain and suffering." "It's money they can buy anything they want it would've been good for me." Her mother said. "Really, so if I was murdered and you anonymously received $1 million you would just forget about me." "No a good $3 million." Her mother answered tears ran down Toni's face. "Leave, I don't know where you went, but you can go back for all I care." My mom walked them out of the basement. My mother came back with Toni's dad. "Toni I know we hurt you and I wanted to come back to you, believe me, but your mother wouldn't allow me." "Why didn't you just leave her?" "Sweetheart. I did some bad things for your mother and she uses that as leverage, if I were to ever leave her I would end up in jail." "What did you do?" Toni asked. "I stole money from thousands of companies and families." "Why didn't you just say no?" "Because love makes you do crazy things, but I feel guilty." "You stole from people who worked countless nights and earned the money. I grew a so privileged and it wasn't even our money. Another thing why the hell were you so busy that you couldn't take care of your children if you didn't have a job?" "We did just not what we told you." "What do you do?" "I don't want you to hate more than you already do." "I don't hate you. I just don't think I can find a way to forgive you. What did you do?" She asked again. "Your mother ran this off the books sitefir LGBTQ+ that she would get from the SOQM. She would electrocute them until they forgot where and who they were, so they would forget they were gay, but it usually resulted in them dying. Your mother was going to transfer Tommy there but I said no and shut it down." "How did you shut it down without mom getting mad?" "I framed 2 of the employees that worked there, they're in jail they got life in prison." "Did those people work for you willingly?" "No. Your mother threatened their families." "I think it was for the best that you left. You are terrible people." "Pumpkin please don't say that. We wanted you to grow up with everything you wanted that's why your mother did what she did." "You're just as bad as her. Why are you making it seem like it was only her." "Listen she's the monster, I was her only success." Toni's head shot up. "What do you mean her only success?" "Well not technically, I pretended. After Tommy I came out to your mom that I was bi, so we would go out and she would electrocute me, but I couldn't take the pain anymore, so I just pretended and I didn't want Tommy to go through the same thing." "But you were fine with all those other children dying." "They're not my children." "Neither am I, but you let it happen and you could've stopped it." He just looked at her. "What why are you looking at me like that?" "You look and act so much like your father. You're so caring and you have his eyes. He wishes you the best, he said that he wasn't stable enough to take care of you. He also watched over you."