Chapter 79 Calm Down

"Uhhhhh! GASTER!" Kris screamed, earning a groan from the man.

"Kris... I am trying to find-" he turned around "Chessy- WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO?!"

Kris had backed away completely from Chase. Chase's orange soul shone extremely bright and his hands were on fire. Gaster gasped at the sight, also muttering a small 'fascinating' before slowly kneeling down.

Chase was screaming, like bloody murder screams. His body in constant pain as the fire on his hands burned bright. This must be a result of Asriel's powers, but why was Chase able to use them if he's human?

"Chase? Can you hear me?" The skeleton asked. "Do you know who's talking to you?"

"G-Gaster" the boy muttered out. "H-help me..."

"It's official, Kris." Gaster stood up and turned to the other human.

Kris glared at the man, knowing he was too selfish to actually help out another person.  He did nothing more to answer him, only stared him down with a rotten look. Gaster sighed in response before saying his second piece.

"We must find my little Chessy at the earliest opportunity." Gaster explained. "That way we can all leave this place... unharmed"

Kris' eyes softened and he looked away. Did being trapped here give Gaster a change of heart? Doubtful, but a remote possibility. There was just one problem with that...

"And how are we gonna do that, brainiac?!" Kris waves his hands in the air. "Fran already told us we couldn't use powers here!"

"You really think rules are going to stop a man who was once trapped inside a place without magic?" Gaster smirked. "Tsk tsk, Kris, you know better than that."

Kris' face shifted into slight fear as the man winked his way. So Gaster could use magic this whole time? Is that why Chase was... on fire...? Wait. ON FIRE?!

Kris took a second glance in the other humans direction. Chase no longer had only his hands on fire, but had now completely burst into flames. Rainbow flames across his entire body as he screamed louder.

"Ohhhhhh shit!" Kris yelled. "Better find her fast! It looks like he's going to blow up!"

"Preposterous" Gaster said, waving his hand. "The boy will be fine, he's fireproof."

"Uhhhh. That doesn't sound very fireproof!" Kris shouted.

Gaster ignored the comment and continued focusing on his powers. He had gotten stronger from his time in the Void, so he knew what he was doing. The Void did not have any magic when he first entered it, he was only able to see possible futures of his sons.

However, soon he was able to slowly manipulate the timelines in some way. Such as convincing Alphys to call and order a pizza while you were in Snowdin, or having Toriel remember if you liked cinnamon more than butterscotch if you had reset.

It was an interesting thing to be able to develop, but his other powers increased because of it. Knowing this, he was sure he would be able to teleport to Francesca just by thinking about her enough.

"I will have to leave you here." Gaster said firmly. "Do you understand?"

"What?! No!" Kris yelled, stomping towards him. "No way I'm letting you just leave! You would just leave us trapped in here!"

"A very well put together analysis, Kris." Gaster said calmly, smirking. "However, I promise you I will come and get both of you out of here."