Chapter 7 Whoa there!

The moment that you left Burgerpants' shop, you felt like you freed something important... 'oh wait.. it was me.' you thought.

You walked o the end of the restaurant to a conveniently 'CORE' labeled door.

'That's funny'  you gigged to yourself as you walked through. You saw two shadowed monsters walk away into the CORE's entrance. Just then, your phone started ringing. It was Alphys.

"Yeah?" you said.

"Huh? Who are they?" she asked, completely ignoring you. It seemed to be more directed to herself then  to you. "N-nobody else is s-supposed to be here..."

"Are you sure? It's the main operating system right? Maybe they're workers and jus-"

She interrupted. "Oh well! We can't worry about that now!" then.... she hung up.

'Umm.... okay?' you thoughtb to yourself. 

You continued to walk over the bridge and you could hear the soothing MTT Hotel music fading as you walked towards the CORE. You figured that the core would be extremely hot, considering when you saw it, it looked like it was in the middle of hot, molten, lava. However, the inside felt cool and steamy. At first it was a little hard to see, but your eyes adjusted very quickly.

Your phone started ringing again.

'She sure is becoming more confident' you thought as you answered your phone to Alphys' call.

"Ready? This is it!" she announced into the phone. 

"Yup! Where do I go next, Alphys?" you asked.

"Take the elevator up to the top of the CORE!"

"O-", She hung up again. "Kay...."

You walked towards the elevator in front of you, but when you pressed the button, so that  you could try to get in, it didn't work.

Go figure. Welp. Wait. Your phone. It's ringing. Alphys. Again.

"What? The elevator should be working..." She said.

"It's okay, Alphys, I can walk the way up." you suggested.

"W-wait! I-I have an Idea!" 

"What is it?"

"Go to the right! I-I'll be right back!"

Then she hung up before you could say anything.

You sighed a long sigh and banged your forehead against the elevator door.

"Why. Does. This. Have. To. Be. So. Long. To. DOOOOOOO?!" you asked no one while banging your head.

"maybe you shouldn't do that, kid. you might hurt yourself." said a voice behind you.

"Sans?" you asked as you turned to look at him.

"yup. that's my name."

You chuckled.

"I thought you were too lazy to ever come to the CORE." you said.

"meh. not as far as the castle, am i right?"

"I guess.."

"listen, kid. i wanted to have a serious talk with you, but you have to fight mettaton before alph stops looking at the cameras. so. i just wanted to help ya out." he started blushing a little. "if you want?"

"Let me guess.."

He looked up.

"You know a shortcut?"