Chapter 59 Chasriel

Nothing about this was normal. However, that's what made it normal. Nothing normal had been happening since the monsters came up to the surface. So when something weird happened, it was normal now. Kris hasn't said a word since yesterday, so he's been at home. Susie, Chara, and Asriel were hopefully going to try to get something out of him, but nothing is working.

Gaster hasn't woken up yet, and is at the hospital being treated for his major skull damage. Sans was in the waiting room while you worked, and Papyrus was at home with Fran. Not only was the determination going haywire throughout the timeline, but the expansion wasn't going quite as planned. You were currently having a heated argument with your boss, and it was starting to get fairly loud in the small office.

"Joan! I don't think you understand what the consequences would be if this doesn't happen!" you basically screamed. "Families are growing! My family is growing and you know that! We have five people living in our two bedroom house!"

"No! I can't allow it! It goes against everyone's wishes in that city!" He said. "I know that they're not bad, in fact, I'm friends with some of them, but I can't go against the vote!"

"I have a BABY for christ sake!" you exaggerated. "Do you not understand?!"

"Frisk! I probably understand more than anyone!" he shouted. "I'm doing my best to help you!"

You both sighed, knowing there was no way of agreement with things like this. You had to find a way to get everyone to live together. Living in the small town was cramped enough even before people started coming through Sans' machine. However, this was getting out of hand. Yelling at each other wasn't going to solve anything and you both knew that.

"Look" Joan said. "I'll try my best to bend some rules and let some monsters into the city."

You looked up to him, eyes lighting up with hope. This is it! The start of the expansion! This is how you could get the humans to see that monsters aren't the bad guys.

"Really?!" you asked, hopeful.

"Hey, don't get all mushy on me. I'll let two or three monsters into the city, with the accompaniment of a human." He said. "I can get them a pre-paid house. It won't be very big, but it should work to help out you're expansion."

You stood up abruptly and hugged him. This was finally happening! Joan was finally making your dreams for the monster race come true. You were smiling like an idiot as he pushed you off of him. His face reflecting the same type of stupid smile to show how happy he was for you.

"Ahem. Now that that's sorted out, I think it would be best to choose the two or three monster candidates, and the human that will be living with them." He said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was another dream.. And she knew that.. She only killed him when it was a dream..

"Ch-Chara.." Asriel's weak voice came through his already dusted lips

Chara's eyes were pitch black, black tar running out of them down the sides of her face. Then the flash of purity washed over her as her face turned back to normal. Her eyes going light brown again as dust scattered across the floor of nothingness.

She felt cold... and like she was going to vomit...

Then everything was reset.. Her eyes glowing red at first as she was suddenly hugging the love of her life. Then her voice came out thick and dark, nothing like her regular tone, as her eyes started to drip the tar-like liquid.