Chapter 64 A Promise For Asriel

It was strange. You felt your body being drained for, not even a minute, and then the rush and hard hit of it coming back. You didn't know what was going on. Was Chara okay? Why did she take your determination so suddenly, only to put it right back?

Chara? Are you okay..?

No answer...

You turned to Sans who was now on the couch beside you, holding an ice packet to the top of his head.

"Something's wrong." You said.

"what do ya mean?" He asked, wincing a bit from the movement of his skull.

You began to explain what just happened to you. The seconds of your determination being drained, the sudden rush back, and the fact that Chara wasn't answering you. The last one was the one you worried about the most. Chara always answered you when you talked telepathically. So... either something so bad happened that she was too shocked to even try to answer, or she was...

No.. you can't bring yourself to believe that she was dead... That wouldn't make any sense.

"MOMMY!" Fran screamed in hers and Papyrus' room.

Fran appeared in the living room with her face covered in tears. You and Sans both rushed to your feet to go and comfort her.

Papyrus slammed the door to his bedroom open, his wide eyes scanning the house till he saw Fran. He too, ran to be beside her as she cried.

"What's wrong, honey?" You asked her, rubbing her back in between. "Did you have a nightmare?"

She shook her head. "No. Not a nightmare."

All three of you became confused. She was sleeping in there, wasn't she? What else could've happened in there that could have caused her to start crying? If it wasn't a nightmare, something must have happened in the room. But then how come Papyrus didn't say anything?

"I-It's grandpa Gaster..." She said. "S-something happened..."

You looked to Sans, who had the same worried expression on his face. Her magic was strong enough to sense if Gaster was okay or not?! He was in the hospital all the way on the other side of town!

"what do you mean?" Sans asked.

"Well.." she stopped. "I kinda woke him up, and then he went to-"

"WAIT...." Papyrus interrupted. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN, YOU WOKE HIM UP?! HOW?!"

She looked over to Papyrus, who hadn't said anything till now. She leaned over to him and hugged his leg while she spoke.

"Y-you know.. In my head! Like mommy, Auntie Chara, and Uncle Kris!" She explained, causing your eyes to go wide with worry. "Chase was there too! But... he didn't say anything..."

"chase?" Sans asked, confused. "who's chase?"

"Chara's baby!" Fran said happily. "Except.. He was bigger than a baby. So was I! I looked like mommy!"

If your eyes could go any wider, they definitely would have. How is that possible?! Chara just took a pregnancy test, not even a half hour ago! How was Fran able to not only contact Gaster, but a person who hadn't even been born yet? And not only that, but the fact that 'Chase' and Franchesca both looked like adults?!

"S-something happened across the street..." Fran said suddenly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Air around everyone in the house smelled of dust and blood...

Chara's eyes were back to normal as she realized what had happened... and what she had done to the monster. As the remaining knives fell to the ground, she stayed still and let Asriel hold onto her. She heard a faint voice in her head, asking her something, but it wasn't nearly as loud as the painful ringing in her ears from shock.

Asriel's weak arms began to tremble with the amount of pain around his entire body. A knife was pressed deep into his back as he slowly, very slowly, and painfully turned to dust.

"Ch-Chara..." He weakly said, letting go of her weakly to fall face down on the floor.

This had to be a nightmare. There was no way this was real. She only killed him in her nightmares. She needed to wake up. This was all just a bad dream! She's not pregnant! Gaster isn't awake! She didn't kill Asriel!!! She only ever killed him in nightmares!!!!

"A-Azzy...?" She fell to her knees and rubbed his shoulder with her hand. "Y-you're okay... I-I know you're o-okay..."

"Ch-Chara.. I-I'm sorry..." He said weakly. "I-I don't w-wanna leave you..."

Toriel and Asgore both fell to the ground behind Gaster, eyes wide, as him and Susie watched in horror. Chara bent down towards Asriel's face and kissed him on his cheek to try and calm herself down. Chara sat up again and took the knife out of his back and ripped off her sweater, leaving her in her brown shorts and bra. She pressed on the wound with the blood stained sweater. Tears falling on everyone's faces, Chara rolled Asriel over to keep pressure on the stab.

"You're n-not gonna die!" Chara shouted. "I-I wont let y-you!"

Asriel choked on his sigh, "Chara... l-listen to me... I-I know I'm n-not-"

"Shut up! Y-you're fine!" Chara's face was drenched in tears. "W-we're going to raise our kid together, r-remember?! The b-both of us!"

Toriel and Asgore stopped looking over at the scene and began hugging and comforting each other, tears soaking the fur on their faces. Asriel knew he wouldn't live... he had felt this same pain when he took Chara's body to the surface 20 years ago. Pitchforks, spears, arrows all pressed into his body, killing him slowly.

...

Just like now.

...

"Heal him! PLEASE!" Chara screamed. "Do something Gaster! Take him to Alphys or something! JUST SAVE HIM!"

Nobody moved...

Chara buried her face into his chest and held onto his pajamas tightly, crying into the thin fabric. Asriel, with some of his last bit of strength to place his paws onto one of her hands and the back of her head. She looked up to see him smiling softly towards her.

"Promise me..." He coughed. "Y-you'll love him... and p-protect him..."

She forced herself to answer him through all her cries, and guilt rushing through her.

"I-I don't know if I-" She began.

"Promise me!" He tried to shout.

Chara felt her mouth and throat go dry.. This couldn't be real... There's no way this could be real. There's no way he could become... dust before her eyes...

Her voice was shaky.

"I promise.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author-chan: I'm CRYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG

Evan: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jaida: *Shrugs* Eh. whatever..

Everyone else in the undertale fandom: WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!

To be honest though, I was actually crying when I wrote this T-T

Hope you at least liked the fact that I updated. I know you all probs didn't like XD

OK! BYE!