Chapter 69 The Truth About Ryan

"How's everything going?" Fran asked, nervously.

Chase was never one to answer questions that didn't relate to his mother or father, in fact, he preferred not to talk at all. The silence was perfect for him, it allowed him to think about what could actually be on the outside world. Imagining what his mother looked like based on the sound of her voice, or what Fran had told him.

However, this particular encounter between the two was not going to be the same as usual. This caused Chase to have difficulty trying to form full sentences.

"She's not good..." Chase said. "At a guys house. He came to ours."

Chess knew that he was talking about Chara...

"Who?" Fran asked with curiosity.

"Ryan. Don't know him." Chase replied.

Fran wracked her brain for ANY sort of memory of this person, but couldn't think of anything. Why would you talk about Ryan around her? Of course she wouldn't know who he is.

"What's going on there?" She asked.

"Talk about..... Neh-crow-mancy?" He told her, having to try and sound out the word. "And a book."

"Hmm..." Fran was lost in thought. "I'll be back.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*20 years ago*

"Okay. You had your fun. Now get out!" Ryan screamed at the three men.

Kyle and Jake looked at each other in confusion. The other man looking Ryan square in the face, a smug look plastered to his face. All Ryan did was stare down the man, eyes narrowing to show he wasn't joking.

"Alright." the man said bluntly, smirking even wider. "Let's go, boys"

Jake and Kyle followed the last man out the door, still confused with Ryan's attitude towards them. They thought Ryan would have liked doing something like that to Chara, mainly because they knew he really liked her. So why was he becoming to defencive?

"C-Chara..?" Ryan sounded like he was crying. "T-they're gone... get up..."

She didn't move off the floor, she had passed out from overexertion. She was fighting so hard against the four of them with every ounce of determination she had. Which only made her pass out when three of them left. Ryan's heart began to race as he quickly checked for a pulse on her neck, making sure the third man didn't break the deal.

When she opened her eyes, she was sitting on the couch of Ryan's basement, covered in a blanket. Ryan must have also managed to put her clothes back on her, because she was also wearing her sweater and shorts. She almost had no memory of what happened during the horrid scene, like her brain refused to make one because of the trama.

She had been in Ryan's house before, so she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes, took off the blanket, and walked upstairs to go home. She didn't want to be here anymore....

"Oh! You're awake! Thank god..." Ryan stated when he saw her come up the stairs. "We need to ta-"

"Leave me alone." Chara said quickly, bags under her eyes. "I hate you."

She walked passed him with the house in complete silence. As she walked out of the door, Ryan's mother closed the door to her convertible, smiling widely at the girl.

"Chara! Good to see you!" She had no idea what had just happened inside her house. "Goodness, are you alright? You look like death itself."

"I'm fine." Chara lied. "I just need sleep."