How Far Will You Go?

Start from the beginning

"Tell me you need me, and this can all go away. All of it. I'll take you back to the hero commission, and your family can keep living the way they are now. Just say the words, sweetie. Say the truth." She cooed.

What does it even matter, anymore? I have no pride left.

"I-I-I.....need...you." I breathed out shakily, hearing her tsk in disapproval.

"Speak up." She hummed, wanting me to say it again.

Letting out a sigh of pure and utter despair, I forced myself to say the words I've been so desperately avoiding.

"I need you, Diane." I stated clearly, my tone filled with nothing but empty sorrow.

The words I didn't want to believe, couldn't be more true.

She simply patted my back, before shuffling my limp body back onto the floor, without a second thought.

"I know you do, and I'm kind enough to give you a second chance. However, as my own form of punishment, I am giving you a thirty percent cut on your annual income." She stated, dusting my presence off her business clothes.

I gasped in anxiety, having the nerve to try and speak again.

"B-But, you know my dad's hospital bills already cover forty percent of my entire pay-"

"I do know. Let this be a lesson to you, to hold your tongue next time." She stated matter of factly, making me realize the decision was final.

I really fucked up.

I didn't respond, hearing her heels clacking towards the exit, before they stopped abruptly.

"What do you say to me, for giving you a second chance, Ari?" She asked innocently, wanting to get that last dig to my soul.

Burying my face into the dirty floor, I robotically uttered the words I knew she wanted to hear.

"Thank you for giving me a second chance, Diane." I stated blankly, not even caring that it was apparent I cried through that entire statement.

I heard her sigh in content, before opening the door.

Hawks POV:

"Oh, and don't stay on the floor too long, Ari. Clean yourself up. Remember what I always tell you...no one likes a drama queen." Diane laughed, before walking out of the room for good.

My jaw was slightly ajar, as I just watched Ari get torn apart by Diane. I never expected her to be this malicious.

I pressed my lips together, feeling my heart literally shattering as Ari's soft, little sobs continued radiating from the television. She continued laying on the floor, crying her eyes out.

I wanted nothing more than to run to her side, and hold her in my arms. I wanted nothing more than to console her, and tell her everything is going to be okay-

"Well, god damn. That hero commissions lady really wiped the floor with little Ari, huh." Dabi laughed, quickly shutting the monitor off.

While I was relieved the league of villains could no longer see Ari, I had absolutely no relief that I was also no longer able to see her. I wanted to make sure she was okay, because right now...she looked far from it.