11 | massage appointment

Comenzar desde el principio

My dad noticed I was a slow learner from a very young age, and he noticed that there's was something different about me. I was extremely slow at every task or assignment I was handed and even though I tried my very best to he efficient my efforts were all in vain because of this learning disability. I used to get sad and depressed over my situation—embarrassed even, but thankfully I had a father that supported me and encouraged me to be my best self all the way. We were poor at the time and even though we didn't have the luxury to spend a lot of money, my dad hired a specialist to help manage my problem, but the man turned out to be an asshole who craved money and power. That son of a bitch was cheating on his snob wife as well but at least I learned how differentiate the letters and I no longer feel like puking my guts out when I read a text. The letters, however are still swimming all over the place but it doesn't bother me as much as it used to.

I walk inside my bedroom and grab my working clothes that consist of a dove gray short sleeved shirt that buttons up on the side and comfortable black pants. I settle on kicking into my red high Converses instead of my black Oxford preferring the casual look instead of elegance because Sam is considered an old friend. Okay, I don't have a lot of close friends but he's a good customer of mine if not a friend.

It's seven thirty so I decide to leave the house. I lock up since Axel is out with friends. He's a big boy so I don't remind him of his curfew. I already know that the little stink will come home late regardless of what I say. There's nothing I can do. Becides, he's gonna turn eighteen soon enough. My baby brother is going to become an adult (with the mentality of a five year old but anyway).

As I walk towards the gate, I notice Apartment Seven—Jimin following me. He's not actually tailing me, but he wants to exit the same time as me. This guy seems suspicious. He's a nice guy, I'll give him that, he doesn't seem to have bad intentions but there's something about him that seems off. He knew about what Elijah did to me when I told a limited number of people about it. Another strange thing is that he didn't let my ex enter the premises as if he already anticipated his actions. Elijah is manipulative and has many tricks up his sleeve. He is capable of convincing others do his bidding by portraying a whole other character. By victimizing his own self. Pathetic. But he didn't manage to fool Jimin. Why is that?

I'm itching to leave the gate open for him and use that as an excuse to interrogate him, but I don't because I don't want to reveal anything else about myself. What if he's just intuitive? If I corner him now, chances are I'll end up revealing everything about me and Elijah and I refuse to do that. I would rather observe his actions from afar and perhaps confront Jimin later on.

Jimin knows about my history with Elijah. Soon enough, I am going to find out how he came across that information.

After fishing out my car key from my pocket, I enter my car and shut the door a little harder than I should have. I notice Jimin across me in his parking space and he gives me a slight wage with his hand. He's smiling at me effortlessly, dimples surfacing near the corners of his mouth. Even his eyes set off fireworks with that luminous expression on his face. It makes me want to get out of my car, run over at him and just... give him a tight hug.

Wait. What? What the hell am I thinking?

Seeing that I don't respond to his kind gesture, Jimin's smile disappears and his plump lips form the most adorable pout. He pulls out his car key from his mahogany jacket pocket and opens the door. His cheek looks so fair and full of life from his side profile.

I want to poke his cheek.

Nox! I mentally yell at myself. Focus.

I start the engine and I happen to drive towards the same direction as Jimin. Coincidence? We are on the main road, of course we would have to drive on the same line for a little while. A two way junction appears several minutes later and my ride is still tailing Jimin's. At this point, he will think I'm following him.