34 | stolen moment

Jimin

It's been a few days ever since I removed the splint from my shoulder and I finally returned to doing most regular activities without a helping hand. I can almost move my arm like I used to and for a moment there, I was tempted to return to the gym with Taehyung, but the doctor instructed me to refrain from heavy lifting and sports otherwise I'll end up damaging the tissue further. He told me I should be patient when it concerns sports and that it would be best if I received physical therapy to speed up the process despite it not being necessary.

Nox's massage had helped me a tremendous amount with the pain. Not to mention she herself was of great help for my recovery. She would check on me every now and then and she would even hang a bag of food on my door right when I was at uni. Even though she has the spare key that I returned to her after making a copy to replace the one that I lost at the soup kitchen, she still left the food in the hallway fully respecting my personal space and my privacy.

Besides, Tiffany, the woman who lives on the floor below mine, once told me that since Nox is the building manager, she has the right to inspect the apartments, but she never enters mine for some reason. It's flattering in a strange way.

That means she trusts me.

Maybe that's why she's constantly arguing with Yoongi. She can't seem to ever catch a break with him. He's always smoking in his apartment even when she clearly stated that it's prohibited, but for some odd reason Nox always lets Yoongi off the hook after a heated argument. He claims that she hates his guts, but to me it seems as though she's ambivalent when it comes to Yoongi. They've got quite the complicated relationship, but in all honesty, I don't think Nox hates Yoongi at all. On the contrary, I actually think she cares deeply for him and Yoongi is well...being Yoongi.

Smiling to myself, I string a few chords on my ukulele as I sit on the ledge of the window in my small bedroom with my notebook and a ballpoint pen next to me, gazing outside at the night view that is right behind a layer of glass.

Grays, dark blues and hints of navy are splashed across the canvas of the sky while the water that has gathered high up in the atmosphere has cooled and condensed into liquid droplets that eventually fall onto the earth once they're heavy enough.

The cold forms its own breath as it fogs up my window glass while tear after tear cascades down the smooth surface illuminating all the little lights from neighboring houses in the area. It's truly magical how a single droplet of water captures so much light depending on the angle and so many colors; they look like fireworks trapped inside of a small universe. Like fire.

Who would have known that there's so much light around us at such gray times?

It's times like this, that make me appreciate my alone time.

Closing my eyes, I hum a tune as I improvise on my ukulele letting myself get lost in the moment. My head moves rhythmically as a slight smirk forms on my lips and words float on my mind. Words that now seem so far away from my reach when my eyes are open and I'm busy focusing on the beautiful things that are outside. Words that are so hard to find when it's an ordinary day and everyone is busy sticking to their everyday routines; the commotion around me, the dullness would rub off on me like paint and it would be hard to remove afterwards. The words would get lost forever after that. Which is why now is the time to just relax and let my mind run wild as long as the rain pours, because once the rain is over and the sun comes up the water will dry up and the droplets will no longer contain universes inside of them.

The fire would disappear and I am not ready for that to happen just yet.

It dies down with a single knock on the door and I lean my head against the wall with a sigh.