81 | never deserved

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter contains scenes that might prove to be upsetting to some readers, so you might want to sit this one out if you can't handle sensitive topics.

Nox

Three years ago...

I approach the library premises and spot Yoongi sitting alone with his back leaned against the wall at our usual meeting spot next to the steps. The remnants of daylight fall on him, casting shadows on the other half of his face.

This time he's wearing a dark blue windbreaker and gray ripped jeans that show off his bruised knees. He's scrolling through his phone with a frown on his face and when he senses my presence, he lifts his gaze off the screen to look at me.

Yoongi texted me earlier to come meet him so that we can talk about our tutoring sessions and how we're going to arrange them to fit our busy schedules throughout the winter break. I'll probably spend Christmas with my dad and Axel and perhaps Elijah might swing by to celebrate with us.

"Nice bracelet." He says with a shit eating grin, and I roll my eyes. I had to take the delicate jewel off while I trained because I didn't want to risk losing it or breaking it.

"You didn't have to get me a present." I tell him. "I already accepted your apology, despite how weird it was."

A deep chuckle leaves his lips, and he pushes himself off the wall inching closer to me.

"You got a new jacket." I say lowly as he shoves his cell in his back pocket. "It's very 'you'."

"Thank you."

"So, I know that with the break approaching and Christmas and all that holiday shit you'll be busy with your family, but I'm available right after Christmas Eve and right before New Years." I start saying, thinking how we could possibly arrange these lessons during what is considered to be the busiest holiday of the year. "We can do the lessons at my place if you'd like."

"You don't have to worry about that. I'm available whenever you need me. I don't do anything with my family anymore."

I stare at him agape. "For real?"

"I don't live with my parents anymore." He says swiftly.

"Lucky you." I pout. "You live alone?"

"I have a roommate."

"Well, then if you and your roommate don't mind, is it possible to do the lessons at your place?" I suggest. "My house can get a little crowded with my dad and my brother."

He struggles for an answer when he tips his chin with his thumb. "I'm afraid that can't happen Nox. My roommate has uh...company sometimes."

I nod understanding. "Alright, my place then."

"Thanks,"

"I should be thanking you. You're the one tutoring me for free."

He arches a brow. "Since when?"

"I'll have something nice ready when you come don't worry about it." I say with a smile. "Hopefully this time you don't stomp on the stuff I'll make."

"Ouch. That was well deserved." Yoongi says with a laugh.

After our little conversation, Yoongi and I head into his Jeep, and he takes us to the Lucky Lamb. We take an order of chicken sandwiches along with some fries and Sprites then settle at the Halcyon Viewpoint. We sit there for about an hour enjoying our meal and talk about the most trivial things.