23 | blue moon

Jimin

Nox is sure taking her sweet time to come back outside.

Concern and worry are creeping their way up to me like a two headed snake wrapping itself in a loop around my neck, forming a constriction coil, ready to devour me whole as I nervously fiddle with my car keys, digging the cold sharp side of the metal into my palm as a poor attempt to calm down. But the snake continues to tighten coils to the point that my breathing turns shaky and my hands are sweaty as I wonder to myself whether I took things too far.

She literally bolted after I pushed her against a wall and told her that I could do anything I wanted to her under the security camera's blind spot. I was joking of course, and I would never touch a woman against her will, but fuck; what the hell was I thinking?

But when she turned around, she didn't look intimidated in the slightest. In fact, there was a flush that heated up her cheeks and her shoulders. She looked rather shocked, but I didn't see any sign of her being afraid of me. Nox is comfortable around my presence after all and if she wasn't, she wouldn't let me get so close to her at the dancefloor. I knew that she has been testing me all night long, trying to see if I'm someone she could trust, and that makes me think that this was just another one of her petty experiments.

Anyhow, seeing that she's taking way too long to retrieve her bag, I turn to my heels and open the door that leads back into the dancefloor. I walk around the sea of people who are dancing in the center of the room, when I suddenly spot her pink dress, close to our table and she's talking to some guy. However, he leaves soon after I get the chance to intervene and Nox looks befuddled standing there all alone with her purse in hand.

"Hey," I call out for her and pat her arm when she jerks away at the sudden contact. "It's just me."

"Sorry," she mutters, her gaze pointing at the floor. "I was just talking with someone."

"You okay?" I ask her. "You seem kind of startled."

"Yeah, I just didn't expect to see him here." Nox clutches her purse with both hands. "Let's just leave." She begins walking away and I trail after her. Once we finally exit the club, we walk to my car and my phone vibrates in my jacket and I don't have to check it in order to know that it's a text from Evelyn.

"Aren't you going to check your phone?"

"Yeah, I don't think so." I say while unlocking the door. We both go inside and Nox lowers down the mirror and checks out her makeup and I start the car. We drift off into the quiet street and I keep my eyes on the road when Nox shuffles through her bag.

"Are you trying to avoid your crazy psychotic ex?" She asks while applying her pink lip balm.

"How did you know?" I say half joking.

"You seemed stressed when you were talking on the phone earlier. Trust me, I get it."

"I know you do."

"Do you mind if I take off my heels?" She suddenly asks. "My feet hurt after wearing them for so long."

"Sure,"

She kicks off her high heels and rests her legs on the floor, "Is she the reason you moved?"

"Yes, we were a bad match. She was overly controlling and I decided that it was about time to leave that place, because she would do nothing but hold me back. She already took one good opportunity away from me, I can't afford to lose anything else."

"That's really...mature." She remarks. "I bet it was very hard for you to do."

"I was relieved." I utter.