11 | massage appointment

Jimin

"So here's the deal bro." Says Sam through the phone. "There are three things you need do before you come here for the massage." It's only six thirty and he interrupted me from my chain of concentration during this assignment I was working on for uni.

"Alright, name them." I say quickly, averting my glance from my laptop.

"One, take a shower. Two, stay hydrated but take a piss before you leave, because dude when she lays her hands on you—you'll empty out." Sam tells me and I can literally hear him grin on the other side of the line.

"I'm starting to debate on whether I should come or not." I mutter. "The way you talk about this person is like she's gonna feel me up or something."

Sam laughs. "Dude, you wish."

"So what's the third thing I need to do?"

"Don't wear a lot of clothes." Sam says. "Dress lightly."

"What?" I gape. "Why?"

"You seriously don't think she'll massage you through your clothes man eh?" Sam blurts. "Dude, she will tell you to strip. Naked."

"You didn't tell me this before!" I panic. So this stranger will have to see my skiny frame on display?

"Look no one cares about your flat ass." My friend snaps. "She's only coming to do her job not to judge your body. Besides, she's seen numerous naked bodies before. It's totally normal."

"That doesn't make me feel better."

"Tell you what." He starts. "We will blindfold you and perhaps that way you're gonna be more comfortable."

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I yell over the phone. What if the masseuse is a serial killer? What if she cuts my dick in two?

"And why are you being a pussy?" Sam spits. "Relax man, no one's here to judge you. Can you trust me just this once? I know she will make you feel good. She might get your mind off Evelyn for a while. That would be a nice distraction right? You're not harming anyone and she's no longer able to control your every single action."

I guess he's right. It's not like I'm getting physical with someone right after our breakup. Even though some random woman is going to be touching my body for an hour straight.

"Also you'll have a towel over your ass and your dick." Sam adds. "She won't be able to see your microscopic chili pepper."

"Fuck off." I grunt and he cackles.

"Alright bye Spice Girl." Sam says. "Now go wash your ass. Oh and before I forget, you need to arrive at least ten minutes earlier."

"Why?"

"Dude we gotta get you under the towel before she gets here otherwise she'll faint from how small you are—" Sam chortles like a peasant.

I hang up.

Nox' POV

I look at my calendar that's hanging on the wall right above the dining table and notice the sticker I put above today's date. I have a massage appointment scheduled at eight at an old friend's place. It's a pretty sticker I made by myself that depicts a healer' hands kneading a woman's back. It was simple and it turned out to look cute. I can understand that picture better than my ugly scribbled handwriting as it takes less time to read a picture. Ever since I was little, letters would float from the page, jump around like springs or get mixed up in one chaotic mass. Sometimes, to me it would seek as words were reversed or upside down and it was a pain to even attempt to read large texts. I always had a hard time reading and spelling as I would confuse different letters that shared the same shape. I couldn't tell apart the letter 'o' from 'e' and 'c'. When I was younger my dyslexia caused me long lasting headaches and sometimes I would get sick to my stomach from trying to read. The professionals call my case 'dysgraphia' but it doesn't change the fact that it belongs in the family tree of dyslexia.