51 | fire meet gasoline pt II

Jimin

"Taehyung wait," Nox starts climbing off the table and sets her Converse covered feet on the ground. The remaining fragments of her warmth have started to cool down ever since she left in order to get to Taehyung. The surprised look in his eyes is burning in the back of my brain. I can't fathom how betrayed he must feel right now.

I get off the table as well, but Nox is already chasing after Taehyung in the hallway and I'm too far to listen to what they're saying. It's obvious that he didn't like what he saw thirty seconds ago. What the hell was I thinking, dancing with my best friend's girlfriend? I put my hands on her in ways that were meant to satisfy my own curiosity, in ways that I wanted because I wanted to see how she would react being touched by me. I wanted to see her enjoy it, despite knowing deep down that it's wrong.

God, I must be fucking wasted.

I can't do that to Taehyung, fuck.

He likes Nox a lot, why the hell did I act this way? What the hell has gotten into me?

And for fucks sake Nox was drunk too, so what does that make me?

She's going to hate me after this.

I remember when she texted me earlier, when she mentioned about something regarding Taehyung. She briefly implied that something happened between them, but then she said we would talk later since I was busy. Whatever it is that happened can't be good and I probably made matters worse.

I stride towards the hallway where I last saw Nox take off, when I spot the two talking near the kitchen.

"What the fuck was that Nox?" Taehyung snaps at her aggravated. "We have one goddamn argument and then you go mess around with my best friend?"

"That wasn't what it looked like Tae," Nox says and when she's about to open her mouth to proceed, Taehyung cuts her.

"So, what you're trying to say is that I didn't just see you dancing with another man who was running his fucking hands all over you?"

"No-I mean," she stammers. "Yes, we were dancing, we were having fun but it's not like that."

"I can't fucking believe you Nox." Taehyung snarls and Nox grabs his arm as an attempt to calm him down, but he snatches it away. They haven't noticed me standing there just yet and there's nothing I can do right now to lighten the situation. If anything, I'll infuriate Taehyung more.

"Would you please just listen to me?" Nox cries. "Nothing happened up there. We were only dancing. Just how we did when we were at the club."

"So, you'd let any guy touch you while dancing in a club?"

"Tae, he didn't fucking touch me like that okay?" She bursts. "I trust Jimin. He would never cross over the line."

Taehyung throws his head back and runs his hands through his dark hair. A hysterical throaty laugh escapes his mouth when he suddenly grits his teeth and locks his jaw.

His eyes drill straight through her, as he walks closer to her, backing her up against the wall. For the first time I see Nox cowering against someone and that's when she tilts her head slightly, only for her sweet green eyes to lock with mine. Her pink lips are agape, a pink flush blanketing her ears and cheeks. Her fists are clenched, and her knuckles are white.

He drives his fist to the wall, causing her to flinch and that's when I step in.

"Taehyung that's enough, you've had a lot to drink." I say as I drag him away from her, but Taehyung resists by forcefully pushing me away.