31 | enlightening

A thundering knock on my door startles me and I jerk upwards abruptly as I lift my head from my desk. My eyelids still feel heavy from the nap I took on my workspace and I notice a string of saliva starting from my mouth and ending up all the way to the keypad of my laptop. I wipe my lips with my sleeve then push my laptop further back on my desk as I prepare myself for another nap when the doorbell rings.

Twice.

I roll my eyes out of annoyance and I bet my eyes can see my brain from how far back they reach into the comfort of my skull. I slothfully kick into my slippers and carefully get off my desk chair when I slowly pace to the door. The bell rings again and this time I run a hand through my hair, fisting it tightly irritated at their persistence.

"Coming," I slur, rubbing my eyes with one hand and then I open the door.

"Jesus, you took your sweet time Sev." Says Yoongi with crossed arms and a slight grin. His body is leaned against the doorframe, wearing his usual black hoodie and washed-out jeans. He's wearing slippers out in the hall, so he probably wants to steal one or two energy drinks from my fridge since he's too lazy take a five-minute walk to the convenience store.

"What do you want?" I ask, grumpily. "I was taking a nap."

"At five pm?"

"Yeah, I was working on an article last night and the hours I've lost are making me lethargic." I retort. "What's up?"

"You have drool on your face." He comments gesturing at the corner of his mouth, but when I dab my own mouth with my sleeve, he laughs shamelessly. "I'm just fucking with you. I brought," he starts then drags something from behind the wall, only for my eyes to come across her green ones, "our healer."

"Hi Jimin," Nox says shyly, looking up at me. "How are you feeling?"

Why is it that every time I see her, I'm always at a loss of words? I truly appreciate all the sweet gestures she made all week, by dropping by at the most random times to bring me a Tupper of pasta and salad, or when she would stop me when she came back from one of her jobs to give me a box of desert. I had no idea she worked at a patisserie, until two days ago when she gave me a small chocolate cake. I think that she probably guessed that I would be ashamed to ask her anything, but all the small things that she did for me the entire week made me see her in a different light. She was truly helpful the past week and I don't know how I'll ever repay her kindness. I should probably save up some money to get her something, but I have no clue of the things she likes or dislikes.

I only know that she has a soft spot for Studio Ghibli movies because their cases were lying out in the open in her living room.

"Better now." I say swiftly and I swear the faintest blush paints over her cheeks and freckles.

"Anyhow, she's here to fix you." Yoongi states, before heading back into his apartment. "Don't break him Noxie." He's kicking into a pair of combat boots and I remember that today is Tuesday and he's always scheduled to go somewhere.

"You going anywhere interesting Yoongs?" I ask as he shuts the door behind him. I notice that Nox avoids all sorts of eye contact with him when he simply smiles and puts on his black Yankees baseball cap.

"Just following the path of life Sev." He replies in a low voice. "Wherever that takes me. And you," He says turning to Nox, "fix him."

"One session isn't going to magically treat him." She tells him. "It's definitely going to benefit his recovery, but scheduled sessions throughout the week will effectively increase his range of motion. Also, I think you're forgetting that I'm not a physiotherapist nor a professional chiropractor. I'm just a masseuse."