50 | fire meet gasoline

Jimin

Time flies away from my hands like sand and at this point, Cassie is long gone. She has abandoned me in the back yard with the rest of the drunkards in order to go play some drinking game or something back inside. She's probably passed out somewhere in the frat house or puking her guts out in the nearest bush with some stranger pulling her hair back.

That girl seriously has no boundaries when she attends to parties like this and admittedly enough, I used to have absolutely no self-control during my stay here. I would go on a drinking spree with Joon and the rest of the guys and I can't count the times I've woken up in another girl' house the next day with zero to no recollection of the night before. And the worst part, was when my friends would fuck with me while I was struggling to remember everything. The main reason I moved out of the frat house was the fact that I got carried away by the environment that surrounded me, and I seriously needed to get my shit together otherwise I would flunk college.

It's been an hour or two and even though I'm not nearly as shitfaced as the crowd around me, I'm proud to announce that I've only had several shots of Moonshine and a beer. I observed the drinking games, Taehyung and the others were playing, and I stayed on Dylan's side keeping score. It was because of my past experiences living here, that I realized that in order to for me to enjoy myself at such a setting I didn't have to be completely wasted. Watching other people get entangled in bad habits and observing them as they make one wrong decision after another was just as amusing.

When I met Evelyn, my life had changed in many aspects and being with her somewhat affected my idiosyncrasies. She didn't like partying, but I didn't mind it and during the early stages of our relationship, we compromised. She would watch over my drinks and since she doesn't drink much, she was the one who drove me home safely. Then we would curl up and binge watch her favorite Netflix show. I would fall asleep next to her, and she would cover me up. When morning came, I would find a glass of orange juice with a hangover pill next to it on the nightstand and a sticky note.

It was moments like those, that I was so sure about our future.

Who would have known that we would end up broken up, her being diagnosed with bipolar disorder and having to deal with her psychologically abusive uncle who is trying to milk out every last penny she has in her pocket.

Despite all the shit that happened between us, I can't help but worry about her.

The last time we spoke was when she got discharged from the hospital when told me that she needed space to work on herself. I haven't visited her since, and she didn't call me about that storage room in her apartment that she was thinking of converting into a spare room for when she decides to find a new roommate.

"I need to piss." I tell Dylan. "If the guys ask, I'm heading inside."

"Good luck finding an unoccupied bathroom." He snorts. "Just piss behind a tree."

"Sure," I say then make my way towards the front yard where surprisingly enough it's less crowded, so I find an empty spot near the porch and fish out my cell when I dial Evelyn's number.

She picks it up on the second ring.

"Jimin?" She says hoarsely with a hint of surprised laced in the tone of her voice.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" I ask.

"Well, kind of." A yawn escapes her, but she tries to cover it with a cough. "I don't sound like I smoke ten packs of cigarettes on a daily basis." She clears her throat before asking, "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah...everything is great."

"How is Yoongi doing?"

I sigh. "I haven't had the time to go to the hospital, but according to Nox he's getting better little by little. I'm thinking of visiting him this week."