28 | reckless

Nox

A few hours ago...

Today has been a relatively busy day, but it's less hectic from the rest of the days of the week. I was honestly looking forward to today's massage appointment with Taehyung because I assumed that I would be seeing more of Jimin, but as it turns out, I only received one measly text from him where he basically told me that his friend knows my address so there's no need for me to go to his house or anything. I mean, I already have my own massage bed and chair and I have all the essentials I need since I already accept clients into my home.

This shouldn't have concerned me as much as it did, but I couldn't help the uneasiness I felt.

It wasn't the fact that I was going to let in a stranger into my house, that made me feel uncomfortable nor was the fact that I don't particularly like the client I was supposed to massage. What I couldn't understand is why did my brain focus so much on the fact that Jimin sent me one stupid text, instead of coming to tell me in person.

I'm currently preparing all the massage oils, lotions and creams in the massage room, then prepare fresh new towels and puff out the pillows and linens when the door busts open and Axel comes inside.

"Hey, Nox are you expecting a client? Because there's this Taehyung guy claiming that he's here on an appointment."

I cast the towel aside on the counter when I turn to him, "Yeah, it's Jimin's friend."

"So, when are we going to meet his family?" He asks mockingly and I elbow him playfully as I head outside to welcome my customer. "Go to your room Axel."

"Nah, I'll just go hang with Neveah."

"Isn't Jason going with you guys?"

"Not this time." Axel's cheeks heat up when he completes the sentence and he snatches his jacket from the hanger and takes off from the back door.

Meanwhile, I open the door only to see Taehyung kneeling on the ground playing with a fluffy black and tan German Shepherd that belongs to one of the neighbors from Jimin's building. He's caressing the dog's head affectionately while laugh lines stretch out from the sides of his nose all the way down to his jaw and just like parentheses, they include his contagious smile. The dog curls up to his hand and gets closer to him when he finally lets out a wholesome laugh that somehow makes me smile.

As soon as he senses that there's a third presence nearby, he turns around only to face me with my side leaning on the door frame and all I can think of doing is simply wave at him shyly.

"Oh, hi Nox!" He gets up and walks closer to me, but the German Shepherd only ends up following him from behind with shiny eyes.

"He likes you," I remark. "That's rare. He usually barks at strangers."

"Really? What's his name?"

"I think it's Duke." I say when the German Shepherd makes a slight jump and stands on his two feet, leaning on Taehyung's leg. "But he responds to Atlas. At least to me."

Taehyung caresses the dog's neck and I let out a spontaneous laugh. "Atlas is a better name either way."

"He belongs to one of the neighbors in Jimin's building." I reply. "I told him he can let the dog run free in the yard if he cleans up after him, since it's a shame to keep him cooped up inside a crummy apartment all day. He's grown accustomed to most of the people's presence within the premises but when a stranger attempts to approach him let alone pet him, he's quick to attack."

"I see," he grins. "In that case, I'm honored to be the chosen one."

"Shall we go inside?" I suggest.