He smiles genuinely at me, and I take that that is his way of saying thanks. I can see the pure humbleness and gratitude in his eyes, and the small crinkles around them.

I stand up and wipe the pizza crust crumbs off of my yoga pants that I changed into earlier, along with a regular tee.

"You can sleep in Morgan's bed if you want. She won't be coming home tonight and she wouldn't mind," 

"It's alright, the couch is fine for me," he lays across, putting his arms behind his head, and crossing his right leg over his left.

"At least take some of my clothes to change into, and pull out the couch, it's a futon so you can use it as a bed," 

He shifts over and stands up rather slowly. Then, taking the cushions off and placing them behind the piece of furniture.

"I'll go get you something to wear," I jog up the stairs and once in my bedroom, pull out some less feminine pajama pants that are a plain red, and an old gray sweatshirt that used to be Timmy's. I haven't worn it in ages, but I know Jordan will recognize it. Timmy wore it basically every other day.

I throw on a different sweatshirt for myself, too.

While I'm upstairs, I grab my phone off of my bed stand and notice a few missed calls from Niall. I contemplate calling him back, but instead just slip my phone into the front pocket of my sweatshirt and head back downstairs.

While walking down each step, I notice Jordan has already advanced in the process of making the bed, with it all out and blankets and pillows ready for his slumber.

"Wow, look at you," I smirk.

"You learn some handiness skills while in the service. It pays off," 

"So you risked your life to be able to make a bed out of a futon in a quick time. So worth it," my words spread sarcasm, but he only glares at me for a few seconds, knowing the truth behind it.

I toss him the clothes and give him directions to get to the bathroom.

He glances through the clothes, and looks up at me after noticing Timmy's sweatshirt. Without saying anything, I know he is asking if it is okay that to wear it, and I nod. He smiles back, and that's the end of our telepathic conversation. It's strange really, how well we understand each other. It's a bond no one could ever be able to duplicate.

While Jordan gets dressed in the bathroom, I decide to get him some better pillows instead of the decorative ones from the couch, and a few more heavier blankets. Our heating isn't the best, and sometimes goes off in the middle of the night, so I want to be sure he stays warm. 

I also set up the television at a better angle so he can watch it before he sleeps, and toss the clicker on top of the blankets for him to use.

"Thanks for everything," Jordan says once he returns. I take his dirty clothing and throw it in the laundry so he can wear it in the morning.

"I'll be upstairs, if you need anything. My bedroom is the first door on the left," I tell him.

"Okay, sounds great," he says, and turns towards the futon/couch.

"Great," I rock back and forth on my heels, and then walk towards the stairs, not knowing what to say next.

When I'm half way up the stairs, Jordan speaks up.

"Hey Allyson?" I look down to see him already under the blankets I spread out for him.

"Yeah?"

"Good night," he says, looking not at me but the wall in front of him, facing the opposite direction.