8 | first it's your suitcase now its the freaking basket

Start from the beginning

He snatches his hand away and crosses his arms. "Bitch." He murmurs.

"What did you just call me you prick?" I hiss.

"N—nothing my darling sister." Axel rushes to his defense. "You're the best Noctis."

"Ugh don't call me by my full name." I say in disgust.

"Why?" He chimes. "It's so manly it fits your tomboy ass."

"Screw you."

Axel chuckles and I must say he has a point. I am a little bit of a tomboy. I loathe shopping from actual shops because I don't like big crowds. Instead, I prefer online shopping. My makeup is mostly natural, as I do touch ups to cover some acne scars and the freckles on my cheekbones. I normally use mascara and some lip tint but that's it. I don't wear intense makeup unless I'm going to the club. I don't have anyone to dress up or make my face for so I don't particularly care about what other people think about my mediocre face.

"So how do you know that Jimin guy?" Axel asks.

"He lives across our building." I remind him.

"Oh that's right." Axel says. "You need friends." he snorts.

"You need to fix that attitude of yours." I return.

"Girls like that." My brother says.

"And you believe them?" I raise a brow. "You need a girlfriend. Or a boyfriend. You've never brought anyone home. That's sad."

"What's sad is that the guy you brought home turned out to be a complete asshole." Axel mutters and my eyes flare up.

"Is that so?" I say lowly and he swalows hardly.

"Nox—"

"Shut up."

Axel turns to me. "I'm sorry."

"Stop talking." I tell him in my coldest voice. "You don't need to remind me of my asshole ex."

The man that I once loved. The man that I thought was my world. The man I cherished and actually wanted to marry and have a family with. Turns out that people only show you their bright side only for it to be overshadowed by the darkness once you get to know them better.  It's ironic when you meet someone, the natural thing to do is be nice and polite at first in order to lure them in. You keep that mask up and pretend to be this gentle and kind soul—the kind man that lives across the street who helps his neighbors, the sweet girl next door that waters the flowers every morning, the old lady who has trouble walking and yet she's eager to maintain a smile. We are all lying to ourselves and that way we deceive the people we meet, giving them the impression that we are good, we are at peace within ourselves and we want to share that light with them. I've learned my lesson the hard way and I came to realize that we're all frauds. We wear masks to conseal what's hiding underneath. No one is interested in getting to know the sad girl—the girl who was beaten up by her precious boyfriend. Who would want to talk to that mess? It is human nature to lean towards the light. Of course we fight to cling on goodness but what is truly good? I guess the meaning of goodness, benevolence, kindness varies per person.

What's worse is is that we want to keep wearing those masks.

"Nox really I'm sorry—it was wrong of me to—" Axel starts interrupting my chain of thoughts but I cut him.

"Axel just stop fucking talking!"

The car ride home is deadly silent and when our apartment comes into view I park my car on No 3 then exit the car, slamming the door harshly.

"Nox I—" Axel finally shatters the silence between us and I raise a hand signifying for him to stop. I toss the car keys to him and begin to walk back inside.

"Lock up the trunk when you're done." I tell him and leave him alone in the parking lot.

I press the pass code to the entrance, the numbers on the buttons are floating and I just punch in the digits remembering their placement and once the gates glide open I run in the safety of my apartment. I hide in my room and curl up at the foot of my bed.

I let it all out in the form of tears as I bury my face in my lime colored pillow to muffle the sniffles and the sounds I make in the process. After what it seems to be like ten minutes of crying silently a knock on the door makes me shiver.

"I'm sorry Nox." Axel says gently from the other side. "What I said was fucked up, I'm sorry." He doesn't open the door because he knows I feel weak when I cry in front of another presence.

"It's okay." I croak and I can hear him rest his back across the door' surface.

In the end of the day it's just us two.

the siblings have a love-hate relationship. also don't take the shit axel says to heart. he's just brutally annoying.

also Noctis means night in Latin🖤