Vol 1. Back To Where It All Began #7

As the day is passing by, Amy decided to meditate. She has to try again in finding this creature before returning to Magnolia. She refuses to go back without giving it another shot. Master Makarov had sent this job to her.. But she cannot help but ask herself
'Why?' She remembers it clearly.. This quest is supposed to be an S-class job. Amy has only been acknowledged an B-class mage, but that was a long time ago.. She believes her magic abilities could be around A-class by now. Her magic has grown a lot in the past few years. Maybe Makarov was convinced somehow that Amy could handle it, otherwise he wouldn't have given it to her..

Amy is focused on her magic core, trying to gather all of it. She has to find a way to track down this creature or beast. She cannot let those people down. They shouldn't have been evacuated if she had found it and got rid of it.. Disappointed in herself, she tries to find acceptance and peace with the fact that it didn't work out the way she wanted.

As Amy finds peace within, she packs her belongings and leaves for Bosco once again. Hoping to find at least something that might help her solve this situation.

Unlike two days ago, the road she follows is dead silent.. No carriages going back and forth, no passengers.. It feels rather eerie. Not only does the road seem deserted, as she approaches the forest she feels so much disturbance. As if she landed in some terrifying horror story. The whole energy of the forest is so different.. So sad, yet dark. Amy hesitates about going in. Her heart rate has increased and it's pounding in her chest, almost causing her anxiety. Amy takes a few deep breaths. Even though she is definitely feeling her anxiety, she's also determined to get some answers.

The sun is yet to set as Amy enters the forest again. With just a flick of her fingers she surrounds herself in moon dust, becoming invisible. Every now and then Amy stops walking, trying to observe everything within a specific range. The movement of growth in the plants, the wind softly traveling through the forest and sky, the earth shifting.. Suddenly she perceives movement nearby. Overwhelmed with certainty that its not just a critter, she heads out towards the area she detected the movement. Quietly and swiftly she passes through the afforestation, leaving the main path, when suddenly: she stops moving at all.

A massively tall and dark giant is passing through the forest. Amy is solid frozen, scared for dear life that it might have noticed her.
'H-how could I.. ever m-miss th-this... Th-this th-thing?!'
It's movement is heavy and leaves the ground trembling. It energy is so dark, it takes a lot of effort not to remind Amy of her traumatic youth.. The giant begins to roar, which is deafening especially with Amy standing near. Amy can barely describe this creature, but she tries to memorize it anyway. 

Still shocked of this discovery, Amy decides to follow it and observe its behaviour. Does it have a purpose, does it even act like it has a purpose? Is it magical and if so, what kind of magic does is possess? Could this creature be lost? Is it's nature good or evil...?

So many questions run through Amy's mind.. Not a single one could be answered. Besides from walking through the forest, it did not do anything special.. But during the pursuit it did occur to Amy that the beast seems rather disturbed. It's constantly looking around itself, or up and down.. It's sounds, though deafening, also seem distressed..

Not many moments later it looks up at the horizon as first light rises. Slowly the beast becomes see-through, but also frozen in place. Amy is unsure what to do and begins to approach the creature on purpose, but as Amy is closing in, the beast disappeared completely and the sun has now risen from under the horizon.

Maria was telling the truth..