32. Provocation 2

"Mommy, has Daddy called?"

Asked Yoona for the nth time. Ever since the news came out about his dating scandal, Yoongi refrained from calling again.

Can't he even call and talk to his daughter?

She annoyingly thought but then again, she reprimanded herself for saying it aloud. She's been trying to call his number on behalf of her daughter but he's always out of reach and every time it happens, her heart constricts for Yoona. 

"Maybe we can call him again? Maybe he's not busy today?"

She asked, still buying the 'Daddy is busy at work' excuse.

"It's a little late now, honey. Maybe tomorrow?"

"But I can't sleep. I miss my Daddy."

"Yoona, don't make it so hard, please."

"But... my Daddy..."

Her tears start to brim in her eyes and made Jihyo feel guilty.

"Alright, alright. We will call but if he didn't pick up the phone, you will go to sleep without arguing with me, okay?"

Yoona sits up from the bed and immediately wiped her dampened eyes. She nods her head, yes, and smiles widely as if she's not about to cry a few seconds ago. Jihyo can only sigh and proceed to dial the 'Missing in Action Daddy' again.

~~

After creating new chaos, Yoongi feels more relieved but it is short-lived. Articles pop up on the internet faster than he expected, and as soon as he reached home, his members interrogated him by the front door.

"Can't I even come in first?"

"The hell with you, Yoongi!"

Namjoon was exasperated but allowed him to come inside for a private talk. All of them sits down on the couch and continued. 

"The company won't help me, Joonie. I have no choice."

"Do you have to be a dimwit in this situation?! Yoongi Hyung! You could've done it better!"

"Tsk! Calling me Hyung after saying I'm a dimwit?"

"That's not the point! You acted recklessly and messes up the already messed-up situation you are in!"

Jin intervened.

"Hyung, sooner or later I will tell them about Yoona, so what's wrong with me giving them clues now? I'm just hinting about it."