18. Dream

A week after Yoona's surgery, Bangtan gets a day off after working with a full schedule for three consecutive days. Yoongi knew he was not allowed to leave the dorm as a precaution but his feet are itching to visit his daughter. He just had a word with Jihyo and the latter advised that Yoona is still unconscious but her vitals are showing good signs. She never had any complications despite the delay of her surgery that causes her to lose a lot of blood. Yoongi was never a person with a lot of faith but after the accident, he never closes his eyes without uttering a silent prayer and seeks protection for his daughter every single night.  

A few of his members are out for dinner while Namjoon stayed to look after him or probably to ensure he will not leave their place. He's been observing his leader for a while now. He knew Namjoon from their early days and became the closest to him. Knowing how soft-hearted his leader is, he's sure he will consider letting him off the hook. However, he knew as well that he is a man of dignity. Breaking rules isn't his cup of tea and allowing him to go means going against his principles.  So which side of Namjoon will dominate if he asks him for help?

"What is it, Yoongi Hyung? You've been pacing back and forth for quite some time now."

Namjoon asked, tearing his eyes away from the book he was reading.

"Namjoon, I know I shouldn't ask you this but--"

"Then don't ask me, Hyung."

He was taken aback for a second but at the same time, Namjoon is giving him a mischievous smirk.

"Come on, Joon!"

Namjoon smiled. He knew what Yoongi want to ask from him and he's been anticipating it for a while now. He was surprised that it took him long enough to talk and think he has to initiate the conversation just to get the words out of his mouth. 

"Spill, Yoongi Hyung, I'm all ears."

"I'm leaving."

"Bye, you have your car keys, right?"

He was momentarily stunned. Did he hear Namjoon right?

"You mean it, Joonie?"

"Of course, Hyung. I can sense your frustrations from here. Just a friendly reminder though, you have to be very careful, and please don't get caught or we'll both get in trouble."

"I won't, thanks, man!"

~~

Like always, Jihyo talks to her daughter about her day. It has been a hobby of theirs to share what they did before going to bed. Now that Yoona cannot talk, Jihyo does all the talking on behalf of her daughter. She's sure Yoona can hear her in her sleep and though unable to respond, she's sure she will be delighted to hear anything she was about to say.

"So, where do you want to go once we're out of the hospital, my love? Shall we go to the beach again? Baby... Mommy misses you so much, you know. I miss you calling me Mommy, laughing at me, telling me your stories. (about to cry) Won't you wake up anytime soon? Don't you miss me, baby? Please get well very soon, Mommy will wait for you patiently."