9. Encounter

The episode of BTS' variety show filmed in Daegu finally airs. All the members are watching it in their waiting room, silently praying nothing will go wrong in the show. Surprisingly, the production made Yoona's appearance appealing to the public. She actually unexpectedly attracted more viewers and becomes a fan favorite. They did cut unnecessary scenes especially the ones requested by Daniel, Jihyo didn't even have an appearance on the show.

When the show ended, fans commented about their fascination and sudden love for Yoona; the small version of Yoongi. Kang's restaurant also gained popularity because of the show and was visited by more customers. Most of them, however, came to see Yoona and her amazing corner; the bulletin board. She became the star of their restaurant and was frequently asked to have a photograph with her.

Yoona is such an entertainer too. She never refuses a request from the customers and at first, Jihyo thought it's fine as long as Yoona is also having fun. But not after someone filmed her child secretly. Photos are okay but she never allows anyone to film her for their own leisure. The BTS fan secretly filmed their conversation and uploaded it online which causes a stir within their fandom. 

~~video clip~~

fan: Yoona, how does it feel being Yoongi's daughter?

Yoona: Huh?

fan: You're Yoongi's daughter, aren't you? This guy here (shows Yoongi's photo)

Yoona: No, however, my Daddy looks like him too. Mommy said Daddy also makes songs.

fan: Ah, we saw him too and he's kinda good looking (referring to Daniel)

Yoona: You know my Daddy? How did you meet him?

fan: Yes, we know him

Yoona: Unnie, can you help me see Daddy?

fan: Huh?

Jihyo: Yoona, it's time to eat lunch. 

Yoona: Unnie, please don't go yet, okay? Help me see my Daddy

~~end of video clip~~

The video clip ended when Yoona bid them goodbye. What made the video viral is the child's expressive eyes and animated expressions when she talks. Her lips cutely pout whenever she talks about her father and her remarks about wanting to meet her dad raise a fun suspicion among the fandom. They jokingly commented on their hypothesis about the child's missing father. They talk about what-ifs creating a connection between Yoona and Yoongi. It seems like a fun topic of conversation unless you knew the child's real situation.

Jihyo isn't a big fan of social media, in fact, she rarely uses her phone to use media platforms. If not for a group of students who asked her to watch the video, she will never know the video existed. 

"Maybe those fans thought Daniel Oppa is Yoona's father?"

One of them commented.

"Jihyo Unnie, are you okay?"

Jihyo returned the phone to the students and fake a smile. She thanked them for letting her know about it and asks for their help to personally asked the video owner to not spread it anymore. The students agreed and for that she's grateful. Jihyo cannot believe that her daughter has been exposed to the public right in the place where they live, just a few steps away from her sight. 

Just a mere encounter with Yoongi and this happens, what more if they find out the truth?

~~

Fans sharing or posting the viral video on SNS also tagged BTS' official account. Jimin saw it and decided to watch the video but later regretted it. He felt terrible, watching the video reminded him of what Yoongi have told them; "If it's you, will you deny your own blood?" 

Now that question hits differently. After seeing how the child longs for her father, he understands why his Hyung feels troubled each passing day. He thought Yoongi needs to know about this so they can prevent the damage as early as possible. He found him spacing out in the living room.

"Hyung, you need to see this."

After watching the video, Suga contacted their manager and ask assistance on how they can stop the video from circulating. He gave a plausible reason why it needs to stop without looking suspicious. He also asked permission if he can personally address it through their official account. 

"This better not attract more people or it will make things difficult for Yoona."

He thought. Nothing has been revealed yet in the public and yet his little angel is already receiving attention from the fans. Right now it seems cute and harmless but what might happen in the future terrifies him. They can accept the rumor that he and Yoona are father and daughter because it is a rumor. But when that rumor becomes a reality... how scary their fans can be? But instead of dealing with a situation that is not yet manifested, he'll use this opportunity to become a good father. The fame and connection that Jihyo is afraid of are the same things that will help to control the situation. He wants to prove to her that him being an idol is not a valid reason to become less of a father to his own child.

You can do it, Min Yoongi.

~~~

a/n: This should be uploaded next week but I decided to present it as a gift 😘