12. Decision

"Daniel, can we talk?"

Jihyo said one night, the two went outside for a walk. Jihyo decided to share her concerns with Daniel hoping he might help her clear her mind. 

"What's troubling you these days Jihyo?"

Daniel began.

"It's about Yoona, Dan."

"What about our puppy?"

"Remember, I talked with Yoongi some time ago?"

"Yes, what about it?"

"I'm scared of what's running on his mind. He vowed not to say anything even though he already confirmed the truth but... I don't think I can trust him."

After that day, Jihyo finally told Daniel and his parents about the truth. She confided to them that Yoongi is Yoona's father. She told them that he already found out and that she's scared that he'll ask for Yoona's custody.

Wealth-wise, he's a better provider compare to her. He can buy whatever she wants, send her to a prestigious school; even overseas. She can have a better future with him. But with her, she needs to compromise a lot of times. She needs to study harder to get a scholarship and able to go to her chosen college. She will need to work harder before getting what she wants in life.

"We've talked about it already, are you still that scared?"

"You can't blame me. You see how stronger he is compared to me. What if he was able to take Yoona? What should I do without my child? I'll die, Daniel. I swear I'll die without her."

She cried again. At home with Yoona, she never allows her weakness to show. She always beaming with a smile whenever she's with her daughter. But under her mask, she's in a lot of pain. Her anxiety is starting to affect her health too. 

"Remember when he stopped his fans from coming to Yoona? He just asked them online and they did what he asked. His influence on people is so strong, what if he uses it against me?"

She grabbed his arm for support.

"I fear that one day he'll be back with his lawyer to finally take Yoona away and there's nothing I can do but to cry. No, no, no! If that day comes, I'll fight him till death!"

"Hey, hey, hey! That's enough, Jihyo. You're getting paranoid. Don't jump to conclusions yet. Didn't he say he'll be back so you can talk things over? I'm sure he wants to come to an agreement with you. He has influence, yes but that's both his strength and weakness. He cannot overuse it or it'll hit him back too like a boomerang."

"Right, you're right, Daniel."