3. Surprise

5th week after the incident...

Jihyo knew something isn't right. Her period got delayed which never happened before. She had an idea in mind but she keeps denying it.

You stupid Jihyo! You only did it once, don't tell me he hit the jackpot?! Damn!

She tried to dismiss the thought in her head. She doesn't want to strain herself with it. There's always a first time in everything and probably for her period too.

~~

There's no day that Yoongi didn't think of Jihyo. At first, he thought it's out of guilt but later on he knew there's something more. Now he's convinced that what happened that night is not because of the liquor, instead, he just used being drunk as an excuse for his actions. Could it be love at first sight? But it's too cheesy for him to even consider. She's undoubtedly beautiful but talking to her is what makes her charming. Although their encounter is brief, he can't get over her. 

It's been weeks but he had no news about her; no rumors of the incident or prank calls about it either. She's sticking to her words to think that she can gain more in this situation. He's just a rookie, he can be an easy target but she didn't, all the more reason he finds himself falling into her.

Too bad he's got no clue about her.

~~

After two months...

Jihyo is screwed big time! She knew it!! She bought a pregnancy test and the result doesn't shock her anymore. With a slumped shoulder, she throws it in the trash bin and prepares to work. Later that day, Daniel came home first after work. He took a shower and as usual and as he bath himself, the soap slips from his hand and falls near the trash bin. He picks it up and saw a pregnancy kit next to it. Seeing it there is already a surprise but the result shocked him even more. He saw two red lines, for Pete's sake!

She waited for Jihyo to comes home. He thought they should talk about it but bringing it up is not as easy as he thought. He's been practicing his speech over and over until the door opens revealing Jihyo. She looks so tired and done with life but still managed to greet him with a smile.

Daniel fetched her by the door and help her to sit even massage her tired shoulders. Jihyo finds him weird though. She caught his hands to stop him and ask if he did something wrong. 

"Did you burn the kitchen?"

"No, but... you have to explain this to me, Ji."

Jihyo saw the pregnancy test she threw away this morning.

"Did you pick it from the trash?"

"No, of course not. I found it beside the trash bin. But that's not the point Jihyo... what's the meaning of this?"

"(smile) Why ask the obvious, Dan? I used it to check if I'm pregnant. You saw the result, I am."