39. Foreshadowing

It's been a few days since the Yoongi x Rosé dating scandal becomes a false rumor thanks to Daniel's cameo appearance. His visit and Rosé's recent post helped BTS fans believe that the two were not dating at all and it is merely a media play to probably boost people's interest in their collaboration project. 

Although the dating rumors have died down, there is still an eerie feeling around the fandom and it is thanks to Yoongi's recent declaration of war with the media (flashback to his rebellious act in front of the Bighit building). Their fans were kept on their toes and are silently waiting for the news that he is said to announce in due time, but several days have passed without any words from Yoongi. 

~~

Things are now back to normal between BTS and their fans. They return to their usual working routine; composing, recording, dance practice, and whatnot including their regular online communication with fans through their official accounts on different platforms. Needless to say, everything seems to be back on track and so they thought.

Unknown to fans, the members are backing Yoongi with several management meetings about his intention to announce his child to the public. At the back of their happy faces during online calls hides the seriousness and determination to win the negotiation against their CEO.

"At this point, I don't think it's still about the fans."

Yoongi said in one of their meetings. Everyone in the meeting room turns to him and waits for his next words.

"I know that there will be fans that will turn their backs after I tell them the truth. I know I will hurt the name of the group as well but I strongly believe it will not be enough to damage BTS completely."

"You don't know what you're saying. Your fans will only support you if you keep the image they imagine you to be."

"Tsk! You obviously do not have faith in our fans. Of course, why should you in the first place? Army is nothing but your money-making machine, right? But that does not apply to me or any of our members."

"That is an exaggeration, Min Yoongi."

The CEO rebutted.

"Is it? Then why can't you trust them? Sure, a portion of them will be gone but not everyone. Those who will stick with me, with us will even be more than enough to pay for all the concert tickets and merchandise the company will make in the future."

Yoongi said in his sarcastic tone, denoting that the company only cares about the net income they will potentially lose if Yoongi will reveal his secret to fans.

"We will never get to the end of this conversation. You can give me many excuses but my decision is final. You will not say anything unless I allow you, Min Yoongi and I'm saying you are not allowed to do anything about your illegitimate child."

"Watch your mouth-"

The CEO ignored him and continued his speech.

"In return, I will allow you to see your child secretly. Your manager can drive you to where she is. However, do not take advantage of my kindness, Yoongi. You can only meet the child but not her mother and not as often as you want. You should still take precautions, I don't think I have to emphasize more, do I?"

Yoongi sealed his lips. He balled his fist under the table and didn't utter a word after that. Take advantage of his kindness? Is that what you called kindness now? To him, it is anything but kindness. He is keeping him on a leash like a domestic dog while pretending to be a good owner in the eyes of many. 

The only difference between his current situation and the scenario his CEO offers to him is that he'll get himself a driver to see his daughter and nothing else, but that's not the future he's looking forward to. However, he still kept his mouth shut. It's no point and no hope at all that the management will listen to his arguments and give them some thought. Their decision has already been finalized before they even sit down together. Him, meeting them several times turns out to be just a waste of everyone's time. Even his members' support did not help change the CEO's mind. No one can imagine how frustrated everyone is, how much they feel disappointed in people they trusted. Soon, the meeting was adjourned and only the seven members remain in the meeting room.

"Yoongi Hyung, I know you have something else in your mind now. So what's your next plan?"

Namjoon asked. Whatever his next course of action will be, he made it a point to support him.

"I'll do it my way, Namjoon. Are you guys fine with it?"

"We'll have your back."

Jin said and was seconded by the rest of the members. The calm days continued on and even though a few insisting fans asked Yoongi about his mysterious challenge to the media, he only smiles and divert their attention. When the fandom was almost convinced that it is just him bluffing the media, Yoongi finally made his announcement.

~~