13. Tragedy

The calm before the storm

"Yoona, please... anything but this! Honey, I'm begging you... come back to me."

~~

Yoona wakes up earlier than Jihyo because their field trip will be today. 

"Mommy, wake up, we're going to be late."

"Hmm?"

"We need to prepare before the bus arrives at school."

Jihyo smiled and get off of the bed to prepare their breakfast. Yoona follows her around, almost skipping with her every step. At seven in the morning, they are already at the school waiting for the school bus that will bring them to Seoul. The whole ride was fun-filled with all the songs the children sing and dance to.

It's already ten in the morning when they reached their destination. They let the children rest for a bit and grab some snacks before they assemble to enter the Amusement Park. They went to a nearby food stall and while Jihyo is busy choosing what to buy, Yoona saw a cute poodle with a bow tied around its neck. It was with its owner from across the road and upon seeing Yoona, it wags its tail as if saying hi. Yoona thought she could quickly pet it a little before they eat some snacks, so she quietly crossed the road without telling her mom. Her eyes are fixated on the poodle that she missed seeing the car running in her direction at full speed.

~~

"Hello?"

"Daniel!"

He was taken aback when he heard her voice trembling.

"Are you crying? What happened?"

"Daniel, I need your help. Yoona got into an accident and she needs to get surgery."

"What?! How?!"

She replied in between sobs. They have finally reached the hospital and Yoona's doctor told her she needs to get surgery. They also suspect a concussion and internal bleeding and a possibility of a broken bone.

"She crossed the road and was hit by a motorbike. She's bleeding so much, Daniel."

"Sshh... I'm on my way, stay calm, Jihyo."

"No, Daniel. Rather than going here, can you help me find a blood reserve or a blood donor?"

"Sh*t! I forgot about that. AB Negative, right? Okay, I'll find some help."

"Thank you, thank you so much, Daniel."

~~

"Jihyo, how's Yoona?"

Daniel's parents came rushing the moment they learned about the accident. Daniel asked them to look after Jihyo because he knew she'll be a crying mess and he's right. She's so devastated and regretful, she's barely conscious about her surrounding.