28. A Friend or a Foe?

"By the way, thanks for coming with me, Daniel-ssi."

"No worries, I'd like to meet her again anyway. After all, she helped save Yoona."

Before leaving Daegu, Suga told Daniel about Rosé and the eagerness of the latter to meet him again. He easily agreed to meet up and Rosé didn't need a second invitation after hearing from Yoongi.

~~

The drive back to Seoul has never been this long; maybe it's the awkward atmosphere or the silent ride they have that made Yoongi uncomfortable. 

"Was she always this stubborn?"

He asked; referring to Jihyo. The awkward silence is suffocating and he thought a little conversation will not hurt.

"She is, indeed especially when it comes to Yoona."

He expects that response so he just nodded his head and then out of the blue he spits that one question that's been bugging him lately.

"You like her, do you?"

Daniel smiled,

"And you do too, don't you?"

Yoongi glared at him for his indirect confirmation.

"Does she know?"

"That I like her? What do you think?"

Daniel wiggled his eyebrows at him as if taunting his curiosity.

"Nevermind."

He said afterward, he's not ready to hear it yet. For him, Daniel will remain as his rival regardless of what he feels towards Jihyo.

Rival? Where does it come from?

He suddenly thought and shook his head immediately. Is he now completely admitting he likes her, or is he still confused?

"Are you sleepy? Should I drive instead?"

"No, I'm good. Listen, I don't care if you like Jihyo and pursue her-"

"(scoff) You thought I'm pursuing her, not that we're already going out?"

"That's not possible!"

"Why?"

He remembered his previous conversation with Jihyo at the hospital. He knew that Jihyo looks up to Daniel so much but was too insecure to even say how she feels towards him. That thought leaves a bitter taste in his mouth again.