30. Elaborate Planning

SMS: Yoona fell asleep.

After playing around with her dad, Yoona finally fell back to sleep. Jihyo already anticipated it since they had just come from Haenam the day before and she woke up so early today too. She puts back her phone and excused herself from her restaurant duties.

When she went back home, she saw Yoona in Yoongi's arms; fast asleep. He is lovingly staring at the sleeping child as he softly pats her tiny arm. The faint sunlight from the window shines at them creating a picturesque view that overwhelms Jihyo. 

"You're here."

Yoongi said after a while. She cleared her throat and walks towards them.

"You should put her in her room, Yoona is quite heavy."

"No, she isn't. She weighs like a feather, did she lose weight?"

"Lately, she's been eating a little but she never skips a meal."

He stroked her tiny face again as if apologizing for all the stress he have caused his child.

"Jihyo, I can't do this anymore. I'd like to reveal the truth and let people know that Yoona is my child."

She was flabbergasted. It's not the one she was expecting to hear from him.

"Why? Didn't we already talk about it?"

"There's no other way, Jihyo. Bang PD will continue chasing you away if we will not admit it now."

"Did you even consider-"

"I have talked to my members and they all supported me. Trust me, it's not a decision made out of the blue. I carefully thought of a lot of things and I'm ready for whatever consequences later so please, do not stop me."

"I don't know, Yoongi. I'm scared for my daughter."

"I'm scared too but we're running out of time. Yoona needs me too and I don't want to be away from her either."

"I still think it's not the right time."

"When is the right time for you? When she's already grown up? Did you see how she clung to me just now? Jihyo..."

"..."

"In two weeks, we will have our concert and a week after that I'll make the announcement. During that time, make sure to stay here and don't hide from me."

"What if people take it negatively?"