23. Contract

It was five in the morning when both Yoongi and his manager prepare to leave the Kang's residence. Jihyo and Daniel's mother are also back from the market and currently preparing their breakfast in the kitchen.

"You may stay for breakfast too, Yoongi-ssi."

Daniel's father said, he is in the living room; reading his newspaper while drinking his coffee.

"Thank you but we need to get going, sir."

"Then can I have a word with you first? It won't take long."

The old man set his newspaper aside and gesture him to the porch.

"Young man, as Jihyo's stand-in father, I am glad you're back in their lives. Yoona longs for you and now that you're here I'm happy for that child. But to be transparent with you, I'd rather you not come back. My son, Daniel will surely be hurt because of you."

He just stands there and listens well. The old Kang's voice is gentle and because of that, he cannot find the heart to refute.

"If you're going to take away Jihyo and Yoona from my son, make sure that his pain will not be in vain. Because if you're only going to hurt them, you might as well leave them alone. They are loved and needed in this household."

"..."

"I can see that you are a good man and I hope I'm not mistaken. Jihyo's been through a lot that's why I worry more about her. As for Yoona, you will always have the right because she is your child but don't cause her pain, okay? Am I asking for too much?"

"No, not at all, sir. I perfectly understand what you mean and I will try my best not to cause harm. I also want to protect them both and become someone they can lean on."

"(nods) I'm glad to hear that. Alright, pardon this old man's sentiment. If you wish to leave, you may go now. Don't hesitate to come here and visit Yoona, our home is open for you too."

"Thank you, sir."

~~

Yoongi met with Jihyo before leaving. They only exchanged few words and told her that he will be back as soon as his schedule allows him to. She reluctantly smiled and nodded in response but when he's about to get in his car, she stopped him for a moment.

"I have a favor to ask."

Even without the presence of others, Jihyo cannot bring herself to tell Yoongi about her recent meeting with Mr. Bang. There is a lot of things in her mind and it made her confused about what to do. Leaving is also inconvenient for her and her daughter but if she continues being stubborn, will it benefit all of them? When he's about to leave, she decided to give him a hint.

"Does your company already know about Yoona?"

~~