20. Insecurities

Yoongi drives back to the dorm as fast as he can. Ten minutes will not be enough but he thought of a better idea to lie with their manager. He called the members whose supposed to be out for dinner and connive with them for his plan. He will pretend to be with them instead of staying in the dorm with Namjoon. Good thing, the boys are still on their way back and agreed to help him in exchange for the truth.

"Alright, first things first why are you out of the dorm, Yoongi?"

Jin asked after sending off their manager.

"Sorry, I just need to see my child."

"You can simply call Jihyo and ask her."

"Yeah, right. Go ask your father if he will be fine with just phone calls if one of his children are sent to the hospital."

"(sigh) Fine, point taken but let me remind you that you are not an ordinary father too."

"I know, I've been reminded so many times already."

"And yet you won't listen."

"Hyung, for once can you be on my side? Why does every time I tried to do things to act as a good father, everyone will come at me and say how stupid I look? No one understands me and it's making me go insane! Look, I only want to be with Yoona, treat her right, tell her I love her and I'm sorry for not being there as she grows up. I want to know things about her, converse with her, and let her know I'll be with her from now on. Is that so stupid of me?"

Yoongi finally broke down. The hard and mighty Min Yoongi shoves off his confidence and shown his weakness in front of his members. He has so many things in his mind but not all of them are for good things. He cares for his members too and even if he appears not thinking about them because he keeps breaking the rules these days, it doesn't mean he's compromising them.

Competition. 

Right now, he feels as if he's competing against Kang Daniel. He knows a lot about her daughter, seen her grow up until now. Being the only one in the hospital room when Yoona finally wakes up made him feel advantageous. For the first time, he got something for himself to brag against Daniel. For the first time, he was the one who saw her recovered from her long sleep. 

He was so happy.

Compared to winning all the awards he got under their group's name, he's several times happier to see her open her eyes. She said that in her dreams a voice spoke to her and say that the first man she'll saw is her father. What if Daniel is the one beside her instead of him when Yoona woke up? What will he do then?? He shudders just mere thinking of the possibilities. 

He's scared too.

What if after finally meeting him, Yoona felt that he's useless as a father? What kind of father can leave without his family? What kind of a father will he be if he will choose to stay away from her daughter to save his name and career and hide her identity from the public? Yoona asked if he will stay with them now that he's back. Though he's not saying it out loud, his heart pounds hard after not being able to give her a solid answer.