31. Provocation

A lot had happened after the rumors came out but nothing is beneficial for Yoongi. For instance, his phone won't stop ringing and everyone around him keeps asking about the dating scandal. He cannot do his work without bumping to questions like "Is the news true?" or "Are you really dating Rosé?".  Neither Bighit nor Rosé's company is addressing the issue as well. At first, he thought the silence is to make the issue short-lived; like no one is paying attention because the rumor is not true but contrary to his expectation, their silence only made the matters worse. A lot of people begin camping in front of Suga's apartment; if they are his fans, Rosé's, or from media he can no longer tell. At times, even going outside takes a lot of effort because of the people crowding around him. 

That day, the same thing happens again and Suga can no longer pay them more attention. After he successfully left his apartment building in one piece,  Rosé called him.

"Where are you? Can you help me out?"

"Avoiding people, what's wrong?"

"A lot of press is in my door and I can't come out."

"Report them to the security."

"Do you think I didn't? It didn't work, they still able to come here."

"That's Korean press for you. Don't mind them camping at your door, when they get tired they will leave eventually."

"But they're being a nuisance!"

"Welcome aboard! Just be mean with them if you cannot take it anymore."

He said mockingly; criticizing the abusive actions of other people to celebrities like them.

"I... I can't, it's hard to be impolite."

"Tsk! Then ask your company to help you. Why aren't you denying the rumors by the way?"

"Speaking of which! My side is waiting for your side to speak! Why aren't you doing anything??"

Suga sighed.

"Tell your company that they are waiting in vain, Bighit will not release any official announcement. I'm sorry you were dragged into this mess, Rosé-ssi."

He turned off his phone after cutting the call short. He knew Rosé will be pissed even more but he cannot resolve her issues anyway unless one of them address the rumor. Besides, he also has some personal issues that he cannot resolve too. The scandal has been bugging him since it came out but Jihyo's silence bugs him even more. Among all other people who contacted him as soon as the rumors were made known to the public, she never once contacted him. He cannot do it first either because he does not know how to explain his situation. 

Telling her I'm not dating Rosé and it's all just false speculations doesn't seem right. What if she'll say it doesn't concern her, what then? What should I say next?

He thought, and just like that a couple of days already passed without him trying to explain his situation. However, Suga is running out of patience. The company did not only kept their silence against the rumors, but they also decided to proceed to release the song he made together with Rosé. They are using the situation to their advantage while putting the artist's private lives in the line only to get more interest from the public. Well, if they deny the rumors now, the song might sound stale to the audience and that is what they are avoiding. However, the more he thinks of reasons to justify the company's decision, the more he feels sorry for himself. As soon as he makes up his mind, he goes straight to the CEO's office for a confrontation but to his dismay, he was on leave. Out of frustration, he decided to do something stupid. He goes down the lobby to meet all the people waiting outside. He confidently walks out of the building and stared at all the people in front of him.

"You guys are really something."

He said in a slightly mocking tone.

"Then what about spreading another rumor... BTS Yoongi is hiding a child and the company is keeping quiet about it. They are trying to send the woman with the child away so the media will not catch on?"

He made it sound like he is criticizing them by making ridiculous news about him but his goal is to indirectly reveal the truth to stir up Bighit's CEO. They started whispering to each other, as if weighing his words and whether they can use them for another article. Yoongi kept his face straight after dropping the bomb then he put on his hood and soon left the place without turning back. Some tried to follow after him for more questions but he never opened his mouth again. 

~~