15. Realization

"Mother?"

"Oh, Jihyo, you came? Please come in. How's Yoona?"

"We transferred her to the next room. The doctor says if nothing bad happens to her within forty-eight hours then she'll quickly recover."

"I knew Yoona will be in safe hands. What about you? Have you calmed down now?"

"I'm doing a little better now, mother but Daniel... how should I apologize for what happened to him?"

"You don't have to feel sorry, Jihyo. Besides, he's already doing fine. He just woke up a while ago and he's already on cloud nine after knowing that Yoona already had her surgery. Once he finds out that she's doing fine recuperating, the happier he will be."

"How could you be so kind to me and my daughter, mother? Never once you hated me for all the things I asked of your son."

"I have no reason to hate you, Jihyo."

"Thank you so much, again and again, I'll be forever grateful."

~~

"Thank you for watching over Yoona. It's already late, don't you have to go?"

She politely asked after coming back from  Daniel's hospital room.

"I already took care of it while you're away. I can stay here for a few more hours. Besides, you need to have a rest too, I'll take care of her while you sleep."

"What about you? I bet you're also tired."

"Nah, don't worry about me."

She smiled and return her gaze back to Yoona.

"You were so scared today..."

"(sigh) You can't even imagine it. I thought I'm going to lose her."

Suga unnecessarily summoned back her tears.

"My bad, I just wanted to have a conversation with you. You barely stop crying but I made you teared up again."

"(smile) I can't help it. She's my everything, Yoongi. My life will be empty without her."

"I can clearly see that."

She turns at him with a deadpan look.

"Yoongi, tell me honestly, are you planning to take her away from me?"

Yoongi was taken aback. Being asked a sensitive topic at a critical time like this left him with no words. But he cannot dismiss her question either as she eagerly waiting for his response.