6 | don't fuck my ex

"So, what you're saying is that you basically dodged Evelyn's calls and ignored all of her messages she sent you throughout the day because you didn't want to hurt her feelings by dropping the 'abandonment' bomb?" Yoongi summarizes everything that I just told him and I shake my head.

"I never abandoned her Yoongi." I say firmly. "We were already broken up."

"Are you fucking dumb?" He snaps.

"What!"

"You might have had good intentions at the moment, but not telling her a thing is like abandoning her Seven!"

"I just didn't want to hurt her more than I already did." I mutter.

"Okay, now firstly" Yoongi starts "you both fucked up. It takes two for a relationship to hit rock bottom. And for fucks sake, if you want to end things on good terms with Evelyn you should have at least called her when you left the house or do the other dick move and just text her. That way she won't be as devastated."

"You sure about that?" I sneer. Knowing her, Evelyn is probably bawling her eyes out whenever she's alone.

"At least you would have given the poor girl a head start." Yoongi says.

"Look, Yoongs it really doesn't matter now." I say. "I get it I fucked up and I miss her so much everyday-I didn't even delete her number or our photos. What if we bump into each other at uni? What do I say to her then?"

"You most certainly won't suggest her to remain 'friends'." Yoongi says.

"Why not?"

"Are you fucking joking?" He scoffs. "Have you even been in a serious relationship with another girl before Evelyn?"

I wasn't really ready for commitment before her. "Not really."

"Ah, so that's why you're so clueless." Yoongi sighs.

"Shut up" I snap. "What? And you're a relationship guru?"

"I observe my surroundings Seven." Yoongi says. "Unlike most people I see things with my eyes that others just glance and ignore."

"Okay, what's next you have superpowers?"

"Idiot." Yoongi hisses. "You're so naive it's annoying."

"I'm not naive." I say.

"Oh yes, you are." Yoongi counters.

"Dude, we know each other for like a day."

Yoongi's eyes narrow on me. "And it feels like I know you for decades."

I don't know whether that's a compliment or an insult. Yoongi and I have been hanging out for almost an hour and I've come to realize that Yoongi possesses a certain gift of easing people into speaking their minds. Now I'm pretty much like an open book but I don't really talk about Evelyn with anyone other than my best friend Lexi who is currently in Wyoming for her boyfriend' funeral. I can't bother her with my troubles.

Yoongi is such a carefree spirit, he's fun to hang around with and I just realized that I am the one who revealed so many things about my personal life while he's still in the dark.

"Dude, it's your turn." I say.

"My turn to do what?" Yoongi asks.

"Your turn to tell me about your relationship problems."

"I'm not in a relationship."

Why is that not surprising?

"Don't look at me like that." He fumes.