with love, Samantha Evans

To the girl that he loves,

I hope you don't find it too weird to read this but there are some things that I want to say.

If you are receiving this letter, it means that the kindest, most genuine and caring man I have ever met has fallen in love with you. I was lucky enough to stand by his side for 2,5 years and share a love with him that I had never experienced before. He wouldn't show this to just anyone, so I know he found a love greater than ours with you.

I'm going to start off with the most important thing and the only thing that I will ask from you. Something I know Ashton will do but I don't want him to. Don't teach our kid that I am 'mom'. Allow her to call you mom, teach her that you are her mom. My mother died the same way as I did and for 5 years, I believed that the woman in the picture frames was my mom. My dad told me so many stories about her to keep her memory alive but a mom is so much more than the woman who gave birth to you. A mom is the woman who reads you bedtime stories and who holds you when you cry. She's the woman that cares for you, loves you and is always there for you. I know I can not be that woman to my kid. So don't teach her that I am her mom because I can't do any of that for her but you can and I hope that you will. But I know that you do all of that already, otherwise you wouldn't be reading this. I know that she has an amazing woman to care for her now and that gives me peace.

I have never done anything harder in my life than writing this letter and recording the videos for him. Knowing someone will be reading this one day, is all that gives me peace these days. And I hope you are reading this before it collects a layer of dust.

I don't know who you are, what you do for a living or what you are passionate about. But I do know who Ashton was and hopefully still is. Ashton is the kindest human being I have ever met, the amount of passion and love he holds within him is insane. He has the ability to light any room up just by being there and his laugh turns every frown into a smile. He will do anything to make you smile, to make you laugh and to make your day brighter. He is so passionate about his music and he has a secret love for classical music. He might never say it out loud but when he's listening to it, he'll close his eyes and have the softest smile on his face. He's also the most patient and forgiving guy I've ever met, I hope he gave those qualities to her too. He has so much respect for other opinions and will always listen with an open mind.

I could talk about him for hours, write pages about him but Ashton is the most amazing man I have ever met. I was so lucky to be able to experience the love he has in him for 2,5 years and I hope you get to experience it for a lifetime because there is nothing greater than being loved by him. I'm not going to tell you how to treat him or how to love him but I hope you know how special he is. He's one of a kind and anyone that gets to have him in his life is a lucky person.

Take care of Ashton, your daughter and yourself

with love,
Samantha Evans