8

"Do you still miss him?" Ashton asked with a slight slur in his voice, we stopped counting how many glasses we have had. We had talked about the most random things, waiting for the alcohol to hit us to make talking easier. The tv was playing but it were cartoons just to make the silence less silent.

"Every fucking day." I said before looking at him. "Is that bad?"

"He's a fucking asshole so it should be bad but I get it I guess." He said with a nod. He looked back at me and he chuckled softly while shaking his head. "You're nothing like her, yet you remind me of her."

"Do you want to talk about her?" I asked him and he looked hestitant before finishing his glass and pouring him another.

"She was the one for me. She was all that I needed to be happy and now that she's gone I feel broken, useless and empty. I can't even do my job decently anymore because I'm still too broken."

"How long has it been?" I asked him

"281 days." He said fluently because even in his drunk state he remembered it perfectly.

"What was she like?" I asked him and a small smile formed on his lips before he took out his phone and showed me a picture of her. He was right, I look nothing like her.

"She was so kind, had a heart of gold. She was fucking smart too, got through med school with straight As." He said and he looked happy to talk about her, he missed her so much. "She was so passionate about medicine and music. She got along with everyone she met and always put others before herself. She was the kindest, most beautiful and most loving girl I had ever met. But I only got to love her for 2,5 years which wasn't even close to long enough. The day I got to call her my wife was the happiest day in my life and she gave me the most beautiful daughter but that's the day that she lost the fight she was having with her body. Because she wasn't the most lucky person, she had terminal cancer which she somehow survived but her mind and body were in a constant fight. Her body wasn't strong enough but her mind was ready to fight an army. In her last months, she even organised everything for a project that would take place after she died. She raised so much money for charity without even being here. She had a heart of gold and I miss her so fucking much." He said and a tear slipped down his cheek. Parts of this story sounded familiar, like I've already heard it before but it wasn't what Jackie told me and I knew this was far from the actual story too. This were just the big lines, nothing about the way he lost her.

"I'm sorry." I said softly and we stayed silent for a minute. "I get why I'm not like her because I'm not that smart, I've never been sick a day in my life and I look nothing like her either. So what makes you get reminded of her when looking at me?"

"Her biggest passion was classical music and your job. You have to be kind, patient and good with kids for that, just like her." He said with a sigh and I didn't really know what to say. "So when you told me those things, I learned to accept you around Jackie. I understood what she saw in you and why she wanted you as a friend."

"Are we friends too?" I asked him and he nodded softly.

"We know each others biggest secret, our biggest pain. I think that makes us friends." He said and I smiled softly.

"So you have a kid?" I asked him while pouring myself another glass.

"Olivia, she's a little over 10 months old now." He replied and I nodded slowly. "She's the only brightness in my life."

"Where is she now?"

"With one of my friends so I could go out with Jackie."

"So where's Jackie now?" I asked him and his eyes grew twice the size before trying to get up but regretting it immediately. "We've been here for three hours and you abandoned her!" I shouted laughing and he started laughing too before taking his phone.

"Does she know where you live?" He asked me and I nodded while he typed something.

"She's going to get so mad at us for being drunk." I said and a weird giggle escaped my body.

"She's going to kill me." He said with a grunt and I looked at him with a smile. "Atleast we're friends now, she should be happy about that."

"She's still going to kill us." I said and we became silent while we looked at the clock, watching every minute while we waited until Jackie would be at the door and it took her 7 minutes and 39 seconds to get here. Ashton laughed at the way I got up and stumbled to the door with my messed up knee that felt a lot less painfull thanks to the amount of alcohol. I opened the door and she looked at me confused for a second before she became mad.

"Jackieeee!" Ashton said and she looked past me even more pissed.

"What the hell are you guys doing? It's 5pm, why are you wasted?"

"We're drinking our darkness away and its working a little." Ashton said while he held up his glass and I looked at Jackie with a grin.

"We're friends now."

"What the hell guys?" She asked again before walking in and she picked the bottle up from the table and brought it to my kitchen.

"Oh c'mon Jackie." I said before sitting back down next to Ashton.

"You're both wasted and Ashton you have work tonight. You need to be sober."

"What do you do for work? Because you haven't told me that yet." I asked him sceptical and he seemed to sober up for a second while he looked at Jackie.

"I'm a waiter" he said and I decided to go with it, I've noticed before that was a subject they try to keep undiscussed. Maybe he is indeed a drug dealer or maybe a male prostitute. That would be very possible with a body like that.

"Elle, if you manage to get sober by tonight, do you still want to do that photoshoot?" Jackie asked me and it took me a few seconds to remember the text she had send me an hour ago. "You were drunk when replying that weren't you?"

"I've never done anything like that yet and yes I was drunk but I will do it for you."

"You should be a fucking model." Ashton said and I laughed loudly.

"I'll do it once but that's it." I warned both of them before Jackie handed both of us a glass of water.

"Sober up please." She pleaded and

"Yes mom" I said with a laugh and I just got a glare from Jackie while Ashton laughed loudly beside me.

— instagram —

JackieEvans: elle est jolie

AshtonIrwin and 100.590 more liked

UpdatesofAshtonIrwin: isn't that the girl that was seen with Ashton a few times? Is she his new love interest or just a friend?
SamOliviaGlobal: does she have social media? She's gorgeous
JackieEvans: @SamOliviaGlobal she doesn't
5SOSGlobal: what's her name? Is she a friend of yours?
JackieEvans: @5SOSGlobal elle and yes
Jackiefans: This picture is so perfect omg
Ashtonstan101: omg I know that girl! she's my sister's teacher!
5sosstans007: is she aware of how much hate she is getting because she was seen with ashton a few times? You said she doesn't have social media so does she know?
AlecMiller: wait what @BenMiller @ChrisMiller
BenMiller: @AlecMiller @ChrisMiller wtf thats elle
AlecMiller: @BenMiller @ChrisMiller yes idiot, that's our little sister getting 100 thousand likes on someone's profile
ChrisMiller: @AlecMiller @BenMiller apparently its the photographer's page. I'll take a screenshot and send it to her