27

I was just as nervous as I was last week when I stood infront of this door. I was holding onto the big plate of lasagne and tried to hide away the slight tremble in my hands. Amber was with her boyfriend again so it was just me tonight together with people I barely know and a guy who I told that I like him just two days ago and haven't spoken since.

I was looking down at my feet when the door opened. I looked up to be face to face with Anne instead of Ashton.

"Hi, it's nice to see you again" I said to her with a smile, she quickly opened the door fully and I could hear Olivia crying in the background.

"Ashton had to run to the store to get more drinks, but come in" She said and I was already so nervous but just got a whole lot more. "Thank you for bringing dinner." She said friendly and I'm sure she could see I was nervous.

"It's no problem at all." I replied while I followed her back to the living room. I went over to the kitchen and put down the plate before going back to the others. Lauren was trying to calm down Olivia but she only seemed to get upset more. "Is everything alright?" I asked Anne and she lifted her shoulders.

"I raised three kids and I know she does not need a clean diaper, she was fed and everything. She just woke up from her nap and now she won't stop crying." She said with a sigh.

"Can I take her?" I asked and Lauren nodded before giving me the little girl. She seemed to calm down just a little when I held her. I softly talked to her and it took me a few minutes but she finally seemed to start calming down.

"Is there any chance you want to put her to bed? We all tried already." Anne asked softly while they all watched me.

"Yeah sure" I replied as I looked at her before looking at the little girl with her big blue eyes. She was holding onto her teddy bear with one arm and the other was placed on my shoulder. "I'll just put her to bed and then I'll be back."

I left the room with her and walked up the stairs to her bedroom, Piper following right behind me. The door was already open so I walked inside and sat down on the chair in the corner with her. She sat on my lap and reached out for my hair to play with while I held her steady.

"You are way too awake little girl" I said softly to her, I turned her around so she could lean against me with her back before taking a book to read for her. I tried to keep my voice soft while reading for her and I could feel her really putting her weight back and into me while she listened and looked at the drawings. When I was about 3/4th into the book, I could feel her starting to fall asleep slowly. I just kept on reading until she no longer reacted and I turned around the last page.

When I looked up, I saw Ashton leaning against the doorframe, a small smile on his lips while he watched us. I smiled back at him before trying to get up with Olivia in my arms without waking her up. I succesfully managed to get on my feet and putting her in her bed was the easy part. He walked over as soon as I laid her down and placed a kiss on her forehead when I stepped away.

"Thank you." He whispered to me, he turned his body to look at me while we still stood in her bedroom.

"Anything for the cutest girl in the country." I replied with a slight grin and he let out a soft chuckle before we walked to the door. I closed the door once Piper was out too and we waited a little in the hallway.

"I'm sorry for being a little silent since yesterday. It was a big step for me to be able to say it to you." He replied with shame in his voice.

"I underestand, don't worry about it. I needed a moment to really realise it all too so it's fine, really." I reassured him while I placed my hand on his arm and he looked at it shortly before looking at me.