40

Everyone looked forward to meeting Ashton and his family, his family looked forward to meeting mine and Ashton and I, well we were nervous train wrecks. Every time the bell rang, I rushed over and hoped it was him. But I got disappointed every time until everyone had arrived and the bell rang again. He was finally here and my heart started racing. I ran over to the door and I saw my dad look at me with a grin.

I pulled the door open and the four of them were standing there, smiles on three faces and a nervous look on the fourth. Olivia was holding onto Ashton's hand while standing and as soon as she saw me, she giggled loudly "Elle!" She said before coming over to me and wrapping her arms around my leg, I chuckled before bending down and picking her up.

I placed her on my hip before looking at the other three.

"Welcome to the Miller home" I said and they all smiled a little.

"Thank you for the invitation, Elle. You have a beautiful home." Anne said before hugging me.

"Thank you, everyone has already arrived so I will introduce you." I said before Lauren came up to hug me too. "It's going to be fine" I whispered to Ashton but I didn't know who I was trying to convince to be honest.

"You look beautiful tonight." He said and a grin appeared on my face before he placed a soft peck on my lips.

"You look handsome too" I said to him and he smiled before placing his hand on the small of my back. I closed the door before taking them to the crowded living room. He had come over yesterday to help move the furniture to my old downstairs bedroom and place the table instead, but everyone was still standing around with glasses in their hands and talking to each other. My heart was beating so hard and fast when the conversation seemed to stop and everyone looked at us with a smile.

"Welcome to the family Ashton" my grandpa said as he lifted his glass of champagne, "We've been told a lot of things about you." He said when he walked over to him and held out his hand to shake.

"You don't have to believe everything she says." He said jokingly and I chuckled softly.

"My dear Elle didn't say anything, it was my son who did. He spoke very loving words about you." He said with a smile and I looked at them with the biggest smile. "You can all just call me pops, I'm Christopher's dad and over here is my beautiful wife, Granny." He said introducing them with the names I've been calling them since I was born. He pulled Ashton after him and gestured his family to follow, giving them no time to introduce themself. "The beautiful people over here are Melodie's parents."

"And we're just grandma and grandpa for you as long as you treat our granddaughter right." My grandma said with a smile while looking at him before looking at me.

"It's a pleasure to meet all of you." Ashton said before looking at his family behind him. "This is my mum, Anne Marie but Anne is fine. And my siblings, Lauren and Harry. And lastly my daughter, Olivia." He said as he looked at me and the girl I was holding.

"You're all from Australia right?" Pops asked Anne.

"We are, we're so thankfull to be here tonight with our son and your family." Anne replied with a smile.

"I'll be right back" I said to Ashton before gesturing Lauren and Harry to follow me. "The younger ones are outside." I said to them and they both laughed softly. "My oldest nephew is 20 so we're clearly the old part of the family, I think you're gonna have more fun with them." I moved Olivia to my other hip and she giggled softly before starting to play with my hair again.

"Hey Elle!" My nephew said as soon as we walked out, "So you weren't lying when you said there would be more youth today" he said with a smile before getting up from his seat.