21

At 11pm, I finally arrived home again after spending all day with Ashton and Olivia. I had suggested him I could stay longer and help him with Olivia but he assured me he was fine. To be honest, I was glad to be home. I had been wearing the same clothes since yesterday and I desperately needed a shower.

I dropped my bag on the kitchen table and put the keys of my bike beside it, I went to the fridge to get a drink. I stood there for a few minutes before going to the bathroom. But I wasn't even in the shower yet when my phone buzzed, I let out a sigh before looking at it.

redhead ashton: do you want to come back tomorrow?
elle: I have to look after the shop from 1 till 5 but I can come before or after that?
redhead ashton: okay
elle: do you want me to come back now?

I could see him type and stop a few times until finally the typing icon didn't come up anymore and it was silent. I turned the sound of my phone on the loudest before finally getting in the shower. I was exhausted but if it was needed, I'd get back on my bike and go over to him. I'd stay up all night just to talk to him if he needed it.

I managed to get out of the shower and put a towel around me before I finally got a reply.

redhead ashton: I don't want to be that annoying guy you have to look after. I'll be alright tonight
elle: I don't mind at all Ash, if you need someone to talk to, I'll come.
redhead ashton: i'll be fine, will you come over after work tomorrow?
elle: okay, call me if needed

I threw my phone on my bed before putting on my pyjamas and slipping under the covers. Everything that had happened today started playing over and over again in my head and I tried to figure it out but I couldn't. I have been doing rather good recently but I know I'm not ready yet to move on. I still love the guy that broke me into pieces and I'm not ready yet to be put together. People say it's stupid that I do but I have loved him for 7 years, nearly 8.

That's not easy to forget. He played such a big role in my life since I wasn't even a teenager yet so not only did he break every piece in me, he left a big empty place. An empty place that goes way beyond the empty side of my bed. There's no longer someone sitting at the other end of the couch who will laugh at the way I get so into it, who will accept my constant rambling and possible spoiling. Who doesn't mind rewatching the same movie or series so many times. Someone who I could argue with over what we would eat or about the most stupid things.

I just miss having someone around.

I walked out of the kitchen after talking to my parents and walked over to the couch and sat down beside Amber. She looked at me shortly with a smile before looking back at the tv. I had made a short stop here after work before I would go over to Ashton's again. "So have you ever thought about moving out?" I asked her and she pauzed her show to look at me.

"You know I can't live on my own yet." She sounded a bit annoyed but kept looking at me

"I know" I replied with a grin on my face and she raised her eyebrow at me confused. "I have an empty room and I hate being all alone in that appartment, so I talked about it to mom and dad and how would you feel about being roommates with me? You can walk to work easily and the stores are all nearby too." I could see her face light up while I talked and that only made me smile wider, "You could finally move out because I'll be there most of the time. Mom also said you could start working full time at the store -" I wasn't even finished yet when she wrapped her arms tightly around me. I chuckled softly and hugged her back. "So what do you think?"